Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Monster1.jpgMonster2.jpgMonster.jpg

[h=2]ABOUT COOKIE MONSTER[/h]Hello All!

I am Cookie Monster, aren't I the cutest?!?! I am about 6 months old and the people that had me said I am an Olde English Bulldog. I was super tiny when I came to Club IEBR and they weren't sure if I was a bulldog or not, but I'm cute either way! I was bought from a breeder a while ago and got returned at the end of January because I was really sick. The doctor thought I might have meningitis or something really bad. I was sent back to my breeder and they couldn't afford to care for me either.

Luckily, Club IEBR was contacted and they offered to take me even though I wasn't a regular English Bulldog. I was taken to their vet and it was determined that I have something called osteomyelitis. It is a bacterial infection in my bones that affected my femur and my spine really bad. It was very painful and I had a hard time walking. But, now, I'm a big girl and have grown so much since getting started on antibiotics and pain medications! I feel so good and I'm a super happy and energetic puppy now!! It will take several weeks for me to get better, but I'm working really hard to get better so I can find my forever family!

I have already been spayed and only need a couple of more vaccine. I play really well with other dogs, I love to snuggle with my foster sister every day. A home with another dog(s) to play with would be perfect for me! I don't mind the two kitties in the home, I'm a little curious about them, but I don't chase them or try to play rough with them. I listen when they yell at me!

I am not quite house-trained yet, but I'm working really hard at it. I need to go potty every 4 hours so I don't have accidents in the house. I know I'm supposed to go outside, but sometimes I get distracted with playing, can you blame me?!?! I sleep in my crate at night and I don't even cry, unless I have to go potty in the middle of the night. I don't mind going in my crate if you have to go to work. I can be a little protective of my food and prefer to be fed in my crate also. Did I mention that I love food?? I am very treat motivated!

I know how to walk on a leash and how to sit on command. I'm working on lay down, but I prefer to only lay down if I'm tired, there is way to much to do out there! I love to chew on everything! Toys are my favorite, but I have been known to chew on shoes, sandals, and sometimes I get in the trash if you aren't watching. What can I say, I'm a puppy that is curious about everything!

I should be ready to go to my forever home whenever the dogtor clears me!

HOW TO ADOPT:

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> ilenglishbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.