I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Laverne~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in IL.

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
laverne.jpg

Hi I am Laverne, I am about 4 or 5 years young and I weight about 49 lbs. I was turned over to these great folks at IEBR from a high kill shelter. It was believed I may have been turned in by a puppy miller who over bred me and didn’t treat me very well, but my foster family has been very patient with me and I am slowly learning how to be a bulldog. I am hoping to find a family that is willing to take the time to love me and show me how to be part of their family. My foster Mom tells me every day how sweet I am and how proud of me she is learning how to be happy and free. I was in bad shape when IEBR saved me and after two surgeries to remove a tumor from being kicked and partial tail removal, I am doing so much better.

I am a shy and quiet gal that needs time to trust. I will sit by your feet but my back legs are so damaged that I can’t jump on a couch or a bed. Foster mom and dad have taught me how to use a ramp to get on the couch and bed, but I can get a bit territorial when I am there. Heck, I’m Queen of the world up there, doesn’t everyone know that? I am also food and toy aggressive, so feeding me in my crate seems to work. Foster mom says that every day I am experiencing life for first time.

I am potty trained but foster mom says she has to be aware when I go to the back door because I haven’t learned to bark yet when I need to go potty. Hee hee, I only bark when I want out of my crate. I am still learning how to lick and give kisses, so that will be a work in progress.

I have to say I am not a fan of cats, so a home without cats would be best. Also I prefer a home with kids 14yrs or older and easy going (submissive) dogs would be great for me. Foster mom says I must have a fenced yard and someone who is willing to work with me and has experience with bulldogs. I should be treated like a severe abuse case, and I will warm, but I will attempt to bite when I feel threatened.

If you have patience, I am the gal for you. Too busy of a house would be bad for me, because I can be nervous and unpredictable.

Until we meet

Love Laverne..

UPDATE: I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!! :happydance:

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.