I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Zoey~English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Illinois

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
zoey.jpg

Hi there! My name is Zoey and I came into club IEBR from a shelter where I wasn't doing well. I am about 3 or 4 years old and I weight about 54 lbs. My legs are a bit longer but I am still gorgeous if you ask me. I have no known medical issues but I have had puppies in my young life. Thank goodness that life is behind me.

When I am “in my own world or asleep and get startled awake, I react to my surroundings to protect myself. A girl can't help but protect herself now, can she, I mean geez I still have nightmares of my former life? Other than that, I am extremely laid back. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the couch!!! Did I say I LOVE the couch? If I don’t want to do something, I will rollover onto my back. If you want me to get up, I will slide off the couch onto my back onto the floor. Hee hee.

I am just starting to learn commands. Foster mom and dad are working on sit which I do very well when a treat is involved. I will go to bed (crate) when told to, but I do it begrudgingly. I am house trained. Although, I have had 2 “events” in the house, but that was because my foster parents missed my clues, so you can’t really blame me now can you? I am getting better about going outside when asked to go out versus only when I want to. Heck I don’t want to disturb a good nap or a good toy chew to get up and go out!!!!! I love hard chew toys and have not chewed on anything but them. I don’t fetch or play with pull toys. I don’t tug when on the leash, but my foster parents haven’t been able to take me for a walk due to the heat to see how I do on it for a longer time. I love to roam the back yard and take my time to smell the roses. I occasionally will run around which my foster parents think is funny. Sometimes, my behind gets in front of me and then I will roll and roll and roll. I am just starting to give my foster mom kisses. I have also just started to get in my foster parents laps or put my head in their lap. The few times I have gone on car rides I have been well behaved and didn’t mind it. I am not possessive of my food or toys. My foster mom can hand feed me and remove my food dish whenever she wants and I just look at her.

I like my foster brother and sister, but I think I would do best in a home without other pets or kids unless we can figure out why I get so upset when startled. I think I would like to have a home that is quieter, relaxed and laid back that I can sleep on the couch and run in a yard when I want.

UPDATE: I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!! :happydance:

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.