I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Dozer~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Decatur, Illinois

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Dozer_zps6b049afd.jpg

My name is Dozer and I am ready to find my forever home. I came from a family with kids, but they moved somewhere they couldn't take me. I lived with another family for about a month before my foster mom and dad picked me up. My ride in the car was a lot of fun - I kept giving my foster dad kisses and barking at trucks! But only the colored ones - the other kind didn't bother me :)

As you can tell by my ears, I'm not a typical english bully. My foster parents refer to me as the Giant Frenchie. I share a lot of traits with french bulldogs too - I am vocal, playful, energetic and a snuggler! I also think I own everything I can see - and I bark at anything that moves. When I am playing with my toys, I have to be as close to my foster mom as possible - even sitting on the legs of her chair if I have to. My foster dad says I am the first dog he has ever seen react to the tv - if I hear a dog or birds or see animals, I think they are real and search for them behind the tv (I know they are there, and I will get them - I just know it!).

I have adjusted to life in my foster home really well! I love to play and chew on things - but only toys I know are mine. My favorite is my Kong - I bring it out whenever I wake up or am let out of my pen. I could chew that thing for days! I also love to play fetch - balls, snow, rope, or snow, it doesn't really make a difference to me, I will chase them all! I am house- and crate-trained and have not had any accidents inside. I know sit, stay and shake, and walk pretty well on a leash. I will need my new parents work with me on a leash to help me be more relaxed.

So I sound pretty awesome, right? I know I am, but I have one big drawback - I don't get along with other dogs. I get very anxious and riled up when I hear my 3 foster sisters upstairs. My foster mom and dad are slowly helping me to see that other dogs are okay, but it is a work in progress and I really do not like any competition, so a home with no other dogs is best for me. I would prefer to have my family to myself. In fact I prefer not having any skin kids either - hey what can I say - it needs to be all about me afterall!

I am a happy boy and I am finally relaxing in my foster home. I have started snuggling on the couch with my foster mom and she is eating it up! I have even let my foster dad rub my belly. I received a clean bill of health from the vet and I am ready to meet you!

UPDATE: I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!! :happydance:

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online