Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Dozer~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Decatur, Illinois

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Dozer~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Decatur, Illinois

My name is Dozer and I am ready to find my forever home. I came from a family with kids, but they moved somewhere they couldn't take me. I lived with another family for about a month before my foster mom and dad picked me up. My ride in the car was a lot of fun - I kept giving my foster dad kisses and barking at trucks! But only the colored ones - the other kind didn't bother me

As you can tell by my ears, I'm not a typical english bully. My foster parents refer to me as the Giant Frenchie. I share a lot of traits with french bulldogs too - I am vocal, playful, energetic and a snuggler! I also think I own everything I can see - and I bark at anything that moves. When I am playing with my toys, I have to be as close to my foster mom as possible - even sitting on the legs of her chair if I have to. My foster dad says I am the first dog he has ever seen react to the tv - if I hear a dog or birds or see animals, I think they are real and search for them behind the tv (I know they are there, and I will get them - I just know it!).

I have adjusted to life in my foster home really well! I love to play and chew on things - but only toys I know are mine. My favorite is my Kong - I bring it out whenever I wake up or am let out of my pen. I could chew that thing for days! I also love to play fetch - balls, snow, rope, or snow, it doesn't really make a difference to me, I will chase them all! I am house- and crate-trained and have not had any accidents inside. I know sit, stay and shake, and walk pretty well on a leash. I will need my new parents work with me on a leash to help me be more relaxed.

So I sound pretty awesome, right? I know I am, but I have one big drawback - I don't get along with other dogs. I get very anxious and riled up when I hear my 3 foster sisters upstairs. My foster mom and dad are slowly helping me to see that other dogs are okay, but it is a work in progress and I really do not like any competition, so a home with no other dogs is best for me. I would prefer to have my family to myself. In fact I prefer not having any skin kids either - hey what can I say - it needs to be all about me afterall!

I am a happy boy and I am finally relaxing in my foster home. I have started snuggling on the couch with my foster mom and she is eating it up! I have even let my foster dad rub my belly. I received a clean bill of health from the vet and I am ready to meet you!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue
    Last edited by bullmama; 11-21-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Remove Ads