Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Guster~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Decatur, Illinois

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Guster~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Decatur, Illinois

My name is Guster (or “Gus” for short), and I am a very handsome 8 month old beautiful bulldog. I can hardly wait to tell you more about myself!

First, let me start by saying that LIFE IS GOOD! I am the happiest boy you will ever meet. I’ve never met a person or dog that I don’t think should be my best friend, and I am the most happy-go-lucky guy on earth! I embrace everything with reckless abandon.

Now let me tell you a little bit about my past. I came from a breeder that was going to do away with me because I have a front leg problem that I was born with, which apparently made her unable to sell me. What, no one wants an adorable guy with really bowed front legs? Hmph. Personally, I don’t see this leg thing as a problem at all! We’ll talk more about that in a moment. Anyway, I was saved by a good Samaritan that felt I deserved to live! I couldn’t have agreed with her more! She couldn’t keep me herself, although she really loved me, so that’s when I came to IEBR. And boy do I love it here!!!

So now to discuss my leg “issue” in a little more detail… At first, the orthopedic surgeon thought I would soon be unable to walk and get around as I got bigger and gained weight. However, much to his surprise, I am still able to keep up with my foster siblings and I am as active as any bulldog ever! My walking hasn’t even gotten worse as I’ve gotten a bit bigger and the x-rays don’t show deterioration of the condition like the doctor anticipated they would. So… as of now, I don’t even need surgery at all!!! I’m so excited about that, because I don’t think I could sit still for 5 minutes, let alone weeks during my recovery. I’m a real go-getter! Sure, I suppose I do walk a little funny, but my foster mom and dad think it’s endearing and adorable. I must say that I agree with them! I am pretty darn endearing AND adorable!

So just because I’m in the clear as far as the need for surgery goes right now doesn’t mean I won’t ever need the surgery. I still might decline to the point of needing this major orthopedic repair of my legs, which will likely cost $4000-5000. I know that’s a lot of money, so if you want to adopt me you have to REALLY love me and be willing and ready to spend that kind of money. If I need the surgery, it must be done. I know it’s asking a lot, but I promise you I am worth it. And it’s possible I won’t ever need the surgery, but you must be prepared in case I do.

I am neutered, microchipped, and up-to-date on all my shots. Basically, I’m ready to roll! I do need, however, a home with very few or no steps to climb on a regular basis. I would also love a home with another dog to play with. I am VERY, VERY SOCIAL and LOVE to play. I would be happiest with a friend. I also adore kids, and humans in general. One other thing you should know is that I need to be kept on the trim side, which is unfortunate for me since I love to eat as much as anyone. However, it will help my mobility if I am thin and fit.

I am a really sweet boy that also loves to cuddle. I have big ears that my foster parents say are really cute, and the quirkiest tail that is constantly moving because I’m constantly happy. I am pretty much housetrained, but still have an occasional accident. It’s usually because my foster parents forget to let me out right after I get done eating or playing hard with my brother. Not to point fingers, but it’s usually their fault, not mine. Oh, and I should also tell you that I LOVE FOOD. I am a little pig, according to my foster mom. She has to watch me or I will push my foster siblings out of the way of their own food bowl and eat it in a heartbeat. I’m a growing boy, what can I say?! Plus I try to eat anything and everything laying on the ground, so you have to watch me closely. I’m a bit mischievous, but at least I’m super cute while I’m naughty… I’m a puppy, what can I say?!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue
    Last edited by bullmama; 11-21-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Remove Ads