I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Guster~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Decatur, Illinois

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
gusterw.jpg

My name is Guster (or ā€œGusā€ for short), and I am a very handsome 8 month old beautiful bulldog. I can hardly wait to tell you more about myself!

First, let me start by saying that LIFE IS GOOD! I am the happiest boy you will ever meet. Iā€™ve never met a person or dog that I donā€™t think should be my best friend, and I am the most happy-go-lucky guy on earth! I embrace everything with reckless abandon.

Now let me tell you a little bit about my past. I came from a breeder that was going to do away with me because I have a front leg problem that I was born with, which apparently made her unable to sell me. What, no one wants an adorable guy with really bowed front legs? Hmph. Personally, I donā€™t see this leg thing as a problem at all! Weā€™ll talk more about that in a moment. Anyway, I was saved by a good Samaritan that felt I deserved to live! I couldnā€™t have agreed with her more! She couldnā€™t keep me herself, although she really loved me, so thatā€™s when I came to IEBR. And boy do I love it here!!!

So now to discuss my leg ā€œissueā€ in a little more detailā€¦ At first, the orthopedic surgeon thought I would soon be unable to walk and get around as I got bigger and gained weight. However, much to his surprise, I am still able to keep up with my foster siblings and I am as active as any bulldog ever! My walking hasnā€™t even gotten worse as Iā€™ve gotten a bit bigger and the x-rays donā€™t show deterioration of the condition like the doctor anticipated they would. Soā€¦ as of now, I donā€™t even need surgery at all!!! Iā€™m so excited about that, because I donā€™t think I could sit still for 5 minutes, let alone weeks during my recovery. Iā€™m a real go-getter! Sure, I suppose I do walk a little funny, but my foster mom and dad think itā€™s endearing and adorable. I must say that I agree with them! I am pretty darn endearing AND adorable!

So just because Iā€™m in the clear as far as the need for surgery goes right now doesnā€™t mean I wonā€™t ever need the surgery. I still might decline to the point of needing this major orthopedic repair of my legs, which will likely cost $4000-5000. I know thatā€™s a lot of money, so if you want to adopt me you have to REALLY love me and be willing and ready to spend that kind of money. If I need the surgery, it must be done. I know itā€™s asking a lot, but I promise you I am worth it. And itā€™s possible I wonā€™t ever need the surgery, but you must be prepared in case I do.

I am neutered, microchipped, and up-to-date on all my shots. Basically, Iā€™m ready to roll! I do need, however, a home with very few or no steps to climb on a regular basis. I would also love a home with another dog to play with. I am VERY, VERY SOCIAL and LOVE to play. I would be happiest with a friend. I also adore kids, and humans in general. One other thing you should know is that I need to be kept on the trim side, which is unfortunate for me since I love to eat as much as anyone. However, it will help my mobility if I am thin and fit.

I am a really sweet boy that also loves to cuddle. I have big ears that my foster parents say are really cute, and the quirkiest tail that is constantly moving because Iā€™m constantly happy. I am pretty much housetrained, but still have an occasional accident. Itā€™s usually because my foster parents forget to let me out right after I get done eating or playing hard with my brother. Not to point fingers, but itā€™s usually their fault, not mine. Oh, and I should also tell you that I LOVE FOOD. I am a little pig, according to my foster mom. She has to watch me or I will push my foster siblings out of the way of their own food bowl and eat it in a heartbeat. Iā€™m a growing boy, what can I say?! Plus I try to eat anything and everything laying on the ground, so you have to watch me closely. Iā€™m a bit mischievous, but at least Iā€™m super cute while Iā€™m naughtyā€¦ Iā€™m a puppy, what can I say?!

UPDATE: I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!! :happydance:

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.