MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
angel.jpg

Hi everyone my name is Angel. I am 5 Ā½ years old. I also have an adorable face, the cutest perky ears and an all-white coat. I had a rough start when I first came into rescue. I had a stinky ear infection. In the same ear I had a tumor that had grown and it became ulcerated. So you can imagine that I wasnā€™t feeling so well. My foster parents saw that I was not walking well either-I wasnā€™t taking full strides with my hind legs. Also, within the first hour of being in rescue my foster parents noticed I had small peanut sized rocks in my stoolā€¦. A trip to the vet, a few x-rays later, I found out I didnā€™t have any more rocks inside me. I did find out though I have arthritis in my legs, hip dysplasia, a luxating patella, allergies and I needed to have surgery on my ear. WOWā€¦.right?? See what I mean about having a rough start???

Now that I am on meds for my legs, have had my surgery, I am feeling better and my foster family is seeing more of my personality. When I get happy and excited I get a confident stance, wag my tail at 100 mph, run back and forth. I always want to be near my foster parents at all times. I will follow them around the house and make sure that I sit right next to them when they are relaxing. To show them I love them I give them kisses and cuddle with them. If I want attention, I give my foster family a good head nudge, my paw or talk to them to tell them to pet me. I just love being the center of attention. I am fully potty trained. I havenā€™t had one accident in my foster parentā€™s house so far and I will let you know when I have to go out!!! I love, love, love car rides. I also an appetite on me, I Iike to eat and love treats. My foster family says that Iā€™m good while they are sleeping at night and at work because I havenā€™t got into anything I shouldnā€™tā€¦.although they think I have a mischievous sideā€¦but who doesnā€™t right?? My foster parents say that I have been well behaved while they have had guests over too-I just soak up the attention from them.

When I lived with my other family before I came into rescue I didnā€™t use a crate but my foster family set one up for me in my room and I have started to use it with the door open. I can do stairs but with my legs carpeted stairs would be the best. If there are stairs outside I may need rubber mats to help me get up and down them. My foster parents take me on short walks which I love because I get to explore the neighborhood and smell lots of things. They take me for short walks to help me maintain my girly figure so I can get around more easily with my legs. I know sit but I could use some work on my commands, taking treats gently, and work with pulling on my leash. Also if there is a loud truck, or a doorbell rings, or a neighbor walks by I can get pretty vocal with them-My foster parents are working on redirection/refocus techniques and will most likely need to work on this in my new home to. My foster parents think a home with just me in it would be perfect or a calm dog that will let me be the center of attention. Also, my foster parents think an experienced bulldog owner that is willing to work with Angel is best.

View attachment 83328

HOW TO ADOPT:

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> ebullymatch.com

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online