I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~PUMPKIN MUFFIN~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Chicago, Illinois.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
muffin1.jpgmuffin2.jpgmuffin3.jpgmuffin4.jpg

Pumpkin Muffin's Info...

I am already spayed, purebred, and up to date with shots.
Pumpkin Muffin's Story...

CEBR took in one of the worst cases of neglect we have ever witnessed. A Good Samaritan called us about a bulldog that was dumped, it was this sweet girl we have named Pumpkin Muffin. We think she is about six years old, and appears to have been horribly neglected this entire time.
Pumpkin Muffin has severe scarring and limited vision (shadows at best) in one of her eyes due to chronic untreated ulcerations from dry eye and entropion which was never treated. She has limited hearing due to chronically horribly infected ears that have calcified and cauliflowered. We are hoping with treatment to avoid a bilateral ear ablation, but only time will tell. In addition she has an inverted and infected tail that is oozing black gunk. This is incredibly painful for dogs, and regular cleaning could have prevented this. Her skin is infected also and she weeping hot spots. She has been in pain needlessly for years.
Her feet are unimaginable. They are painful and now deformed from nails that have never been cut and have been growing into her feet for years. She had to be sedated for our vet to cut them out of her paws. No dog deserves this. None.
Orthopedically she is a mess. She has spondylosis. She has luxating patellas and both her ACL's were torn quite awhile ago. Unfortunately the arthritis is so severe she is no longer a surgical candidate. She knees have become fused and she only has flexion in her ankles. We will do everything in our power to make her pain free and mobile as possible.
She has multiple decaying chipped and broken teeth from neglect. When she is well enough she will have to have many removed.
Despite all of her neglect and abuse Pumpkin is a sweet and loving girl. We have seen an amazing transformation over the last few days. This girl is a survivor and we know while the road ahead of her won't be easy, she will overcome. She has an amazing resilient soul and we can't wait to see the wonderful bully she blossoms into.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Omg this face <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I cried when i read her story :(
I'd beg to adopt her if we were close enough! Not to.mention she's super cute

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Omg, sweet little girl...:luv:
I'm so glad she is save now and cared for!
Her little paws...poor baby :tissue:
Her story and her pictures brought tears to my eyes, too...
I hope with all my heart adorabull Pumpkin Muffin will find a wonderful, loving home very soon :heart::heart::heart:

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
That's wonderful news :jumping: I wish this sweet adorabull little girl and her awesome new family many many happy years together :lubu::heartsign::lubu:

:dancing::wiggle::happydance::wiggle::dancing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome!!!! :wiggle: :wiggle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless You Pumpkin Muffin, what a Horrible time you have had, but Thank God you were found and have been adopted, You deserve the Best Life in The World, I will Pray for You Sweet Heart.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.