Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
holly.jpgholly1.jpgholly2.jpgholly3.jpg

Holly Holiday's Info...

I am already spayed, purebred, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Holly Holiday's Story...

Hi my name is Holly Holiday and I am four years old. I recently received the gift of freedom as I was rescued from my former life as a mill dog. I will soon be getting spayed and look forward to no longer having to churn out puppies. I will be able to enjoy my life as it should be, as part of a loving family (another gift). I am looking forward to the attention, love and care of my forever family and will give them unconditional love in return. Until then, I have been working to getting myself ready to be the best companion I can be. As a former mill dog, I havenā€™t been given the opportunity other dogs my age have received. In fact, I recently scaled my first set of stairs. My foster parents have been helping me and they keep saying, ā€œGood girl!ā€ but Iā€™m not sure yet what that means. Iā€™ll get there, but I just need a little patience. Yeaa-ah, definitely some more patience.
Eating ā€” Right now my foster parents have me on Zignature duck (wet and dry) and itā€™s yummy. The wet is easier for me to eat with the two little nubbins I have for my two front bottom teeth (I may have tried to chew my way out of a cage or two). My foster parents make sure to soften the dry food a little and mix it with the wet so that I can get it down easier. Right now I like eating out of a shallow pie pan, which just seems easier for me with my under bite.
Crate ā€” Iā€™m comfortable and feel most secure in my crate, which is what Iā€™m used to growing up. In fact, I spend most of my time in there. My foster parents will leave the crate door open when they are home, but I still like to just chill out in my crate. My mommy has been recently taking me out into the other rooms (still on leash) so I can lie near them on my soft bed and snore, erā€¦I mean, snooze. After being out a few times, I am starting to open up about life outside of my crate. But one little move, sound or look from my parents, and I go running back to my crate. Iā€™ll eventually get there.
Water ā€” Iā€™m not very interested in water, but I know I need it. I will take it if my foster mommy puts water on top of a small tupperware lid and hand feeds it to me (maybe Iā€™m training herā€¦). She has tried chicken broth in water and Gatorade to entice me, but Iā€™m good with plain water. You just have to keep trying. Weā€™ll see if this new hamster water bottle will help.
Walks ā€” I do pretty well on walks, but I like to take my time and donā€™t go very far (it has been too cold for me). Again, so many of these things Iā€™m doing for the first time in my life so I need a little practice. I think when the weather gets warmer and I get to know my surroundings better Iā€™ll enjoy going on short walks with you.
Baths / coat ā€” I got my very first bath when I came into foster care and boy, was I a dirty girl! However, after getting a few baths under my belt, Iā€™m starting to look like the belle of the ball. I just heard my foster parents say that my coat is starting to shine (I think it is the better food and baths). My first bath experience was a little nerve racking as I couldnā€™t get my footing on the towel but my new rubberized tub mat gives me the stability I need.
Housetraining ā€” I am not housetrained and still leave presents for my foster parents just like the elf on the shelf taught me. My foster parents are working with me on this and I am getting used to the training pads, but you have to understand, I have never been taken outside to go potty. Did somebody say patience?
Personality/demeanor ā€” I am very sweet, but very cautious of my surroundings. I would never hurt a fly. I am just not used to having the loving touch of a human. I do love to have my face held and my lips and cheeks rubbed. I also love to give kisses.
Dogs/cats ā€” Iā€™ve met my other four-legged friends of the house - a very big dog and an equally big cat (I think he needs to go on a diet) and have had no interest in either of them. I will acknowledge them with a sniff here and there, but generally leave them alone.
Stairs ā€” I did stairs for the first time the other day and did good going up and coming back down. I take it very easy one step at a time but my foster parents thought I did great for probably not having had done steps before.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.