Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
eleanor.jpgeleanor1.jpgEleanor2.jpgeleanor3.jpg

Eleanor's Info...

I am already spayed, purebred, up to date with shots, and not good with dogs.
Eleanor's Story...

Hello free world, I am Eleanor and boy am I happy to be living a new life! I was rescued through Operation Harvest Heroes after spending my entire 6 years of life as a puppy mill mama. I was pregnant up until a couple days before my rescue and someone took my babies from me. Weā€™re not sure what happened to them which makes me very sad but luckily I have recovered and am now spayed so I never have to give birth again. I also have a large scar on my back and another on my head that I donā€™t know how I got, but the humans think maybe itā€™s from constant rubbing on a crate or getting caught in a fence. My front legs have bowed humorousā€™ which means that I am a little slow when I walk and while I can do some stairs, itā€™s probably best I donā€™t have too many to tackle. The nice doctor said that there isnā€™t anything they can do surgically, but Iā€™m taking some delicious supplements and fish oil to help strengthen them, along with regular exercise. Iā€™m about 48 pounds, spayed, microchipped and up to date on my vaccines.Iā€™m learning all about walks and while I canā€™t go very far, I do like seeing new places. These short walks help strengthen my legs and Iā€™m getting better all the time! After spending my whole life in a crate, I am done with those things for good. I figured out how to escape so my foster family doesnā€™t make me go in it anymore so that I donā€™t hurt myself during my escape routine and it also makes me happier to not have to go in there. For this reason, I really need a family that has a space that I can call my own that wonā€™t include a crate, but will definitely be gated and bulldog proof as I LOVE chewing. Mostly I chew on these new things called toys, but sometimes I get confused and chew on other things too. Pretty much anything I can get my paws on. My foster parents are teaching me what things I can and canā€™t chew on, but itā€™s hard to remember so I just need a gentle reminder occasionally. Where I used to live, we just ate and pottied in the same place, so Iā€™m still learning how to go outside. I definitely need a home where my family can help me with this but I really love treats so with some tasty rewards, I think I can get it eventually. Iā€™m also learning how to get along with other pups. Most of the time I do fine and weā€™re best friends but sometimes I get protective and donā€™t like them near me. I probably would prefer to be the only dog as I need a lot of care and attention and Iā€™m not so sure I want to share your time with a dog brother or sister.
Despite having a pretty hard life until now, I am a super happy and sweet girl that just wants to snuggle. I love my humans and get super excited whenever theyā€™re near. I even smile while Iā€™m sleeping if my foster mama or papa are sitting by me. I am super smart (I mean, I figured out how to break out of my crate!) and already have learned some commands like ā€œsitā€ but I like to please and as mentioned, will do most anything for a treat. I love to play and chew on toys and I learned all about these soft dog beds that I canā€™t get enough of! Theyā€™re so luxurious and comfy!
In addition to a home where I have my own safe space, I also need a home that is willing to continue working on my training. I can do some stairs but probably not more than 6-8 at a time and my future forever family should be able to commit to continue my exercise so I can keep getting stronger. Itā€™s mainly just a short walk each day but even that little bit helps! I also should have a fenced yard since I canā€™t walk super far and need an outdoor space to potty and play that is near. I have a walker that comes to give me a midday break now so that Iā€™m never home alone for more than 5 hours and that works fine, they just also need to help reinforce positive behaviors such as pottying outside and following commands so I have consistency. Iā€™m not sure about cats as Iā€™ve never been around them and I havenā€™t been around children either though my foster family thinks I would likely do fine as I am super friendly to all the humans Iā€™ve met and I canā€™t jump up on them though I would definitely need to be supervised, as any pup would. I would just love a family that is as devoted to me as I promise to be to them as I am so grateful to be living this new life where I get to be cared for instead of just producing puppies for sale. Can you be my forever snuggle buddy?
Our adoption criteria for THIS DOG are as follows:
-Willingness to keep up with all of Eleanorā€™s training, i.e. commands, chewing, potty
-Willingness to keep up with Eleanorā€™s supplements: joint supplement and fish oil
-Fenced yard
-An only dog home
-A home with a walker or home all day are both fine
Eleanor's adoption fee $500

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.