Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Tank.jpgtank1.jpgtank3.jpg

Tank's Info...

I am already neutered, housetrained, purebred, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, not good with kids, not good with dogs, and not good with cats.

Tank's Story...

Hi there! My name is Tank and I am all fun and playtime! I just turned two but I still think I am a puppy with all of my energy. Speaking of which, I came into rescue because I was roughousing with my human sister and broke my arm. It turned out that when I was a puppy (and living with a different family) I must have broken that same arm and had surgery for it. Even though my current family loved me, they could not afford a second surgery and I had to come into rescue. I had surgery on my arm and now I have a metal plate and screws in there! I'm Bionic! I'm a little guy at only 40lbs but I love to eat and after my surgery I just hop around on three legs so it's good i'm not overweight!I'm currently supposed to be taking it easy for the next two months while my arm heals but it's so hard when there's so much to do! I love to roll around on the ground and let my foster mom rub my belly. I like anything that squeaks and will play with squeaky toys for hours. I also love to chew--antlers are my favorite! I'm really fast and always on the move, even on three legs! I'm not supposed to jump right now because of my leg but I sure do try. I am a really quick learner and have already learned commands like "stay" "sit" and "down."

I am a really good boy but still have things to work on! I really don't like other dogs and cats, and I don't think I ever will. I get stressed out when there are other dogs around, so a home where I can be the only pet would be best. I am getting better on the leash but I am strong and love to move, move, move! I will try to run after anything that moves-bikes, people, squirrels and am working on that. I also get mouthy sometimes when I'm playing a lot. I never bite too hard, butI don't always listen when my foster mom says no and I need to be distracted by a bone or a short time out in my crate. I am not so great at not jumping on people when they come over, and I don't really listen to my foster mom when she tells me I'm not allowed on the couch. I think I just need a little training and practice to get better.

I am really the sweetest boy and start out my day by rolling on my back for a belly rub. I will lie on my back and wait patiently, and I know that my morning belly rub will come eventually since I am irresistable. My foster mom thinks I'm the silliest. I love my bed and sleep in my crate at night. I am pottty trained and will go outside. I really just love attention and want to be near you all the time. My foster mom thinks she has a bulldog shadow because I will follow her from room to room and just lie by her feet. My perfect forever home would be one with no other dogs or cats and no small children. I have lots of energy so someone who is home most of the day or has a dog walker would be best. Since my broken leg will likely be weaker than the other I need a home who will take care to not let me jump on and off couches or let me play too hard. It's likely that I will have a limp and arthritis as I get older so my family will have to be okay with that.

Thanks for checking in with me! I'll just be playing and having a good time until I find my forever family!

Our adoption criteris for Tanks are as follows:
1. No children under the age of 16 please. I have plenty of love for adults.
2. No other dogs or cats in the household. I am very dog aggressive.
3. A home with a flexible schedule for a mid-day potty break and walk.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.