Thread: ~ROOK~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Chicago, Illinois.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default ~ROOK~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Chicago, Illinois.

-rook-jpg-rook1-jpg-rook2-jpg-rook3-jpg

Rook's Info...

I am already neutered, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, and good with dogs.
    Rook's Story...
    Hey guys remember me? I’m the guy CEBR picked up on Christmas Eve day. I was a bit of a “hot mess” when CEBR rescued me, but I have made huge strides and am feeling great and ready for my forever home! My story is sad though. Yep. Unwanted, skin and bones and in pain due to a skin disease. I have been working hard on healing up as I came in with a severe case of mange. Don’t get scared though. Most people hear that word and freak out. The type I have isn’t contagious. It is simply an auto-immune deficiency that has left me with sore skin that needed help. And help is what I got from CEBR!
    I’m 4-5 years old and I am a pretty darn good boy. I am one cutie patootie! You see I have a very unique feature. My handsome mug is a little “askew.” Yep, I have a crooked smile. All the babes love it!

I like to follow my foster mom around and see what’s cookin’. Literally. The kitchen is my favorite room in the house. I got to work right away as the official kitchen supervisor. Don’t worry though. I am a silent beggar when it comes to your food. But when it comes to my food…well….then… I might bark and get excited! I’m still pretty skinny and CEBR is trying to build up my manly physique.

And when it comes to meal time they call me the “piranha” because if you aren’t careful I’ll take a finger off for a treat I’m also extra sloppy when eating and drinking. The perfect home for me would have one of those dogs that looks like a rag mop so they can clean up after me when I eat and drink! Kind of like my own personal harem.

In terms of upkeep, I don’t mind my cleaning routine too much, although I don’t love it either. Right now I get two medicated baths a week until my mange is cleared up. Which should be soon! I get better every week! I don’t have any issues with my ears or wrinkles so those are pretty easy to maintain as well.

I’m working on my potty training too and making strides. I can go 5-6 hours without going potty in the house. But, if you leave me longer than that and I might have an accident. So please continue to work with me (or better yet, take me to work with you! Or maybe you even work from home?)

I spend my days snuggling and chewing on bully horns and elk antlers. I like those a bunch. Sometimes I go right up to my canine foster brothers and steal it away! Because I can be pushy, my foster parents say I would do well in a home with another very laid back dog, or I would even be ok on my own. It kinda depends on what the vibe is in the home. I tend to steal toys and chews, and I also get a little frisky (ahem, I need to work on my humping issue) if ya know what I mean. So please be tolerant and help me learn. I’m still not sure about cats either. At first I didn’t show too much interest in my feline foster sister, but now I’m a bit more curious so we’ll see. I can get pretty rowdy with my foster brothers. I like to be the boss!

Otherwise, I can chill by myself napping the day away. I snore so loud that sometimes I scare myself awake! Sometimes I just sit on your lap snuggling or observing. Like I said, I don’t miss a beat when someone is in the kitchen And I’m also very interested in moving vehicles. I’m fast and determined so I sure would like to chase them! So a home with a fenced yard, or one committed to ALWAYS having me on leash in these situations is essential.

So just a recap of my best qualities: I’m neutered, microchipped, and up to date on shots. I’m super cute with my “fancy face”, extra sloppy, toy stealer, kitchen supervisor extrordinaire. So what’s not to love? I also shake & often give kisses on command! Well, I’m pretty sure I smell something cooking so I’m outta here!

The irresistible,

Rookie

NOTE FROM THE HUMANS

Rook’s adoption fee is $535. Our adoption criteria for Rook are as follows:

• CEBR Adoption Radius Only.
    • A home that can provide him ample potty breaks (no more than 5 hours).
    • An adopter that will work with him on basic obedience (and tolerant as he learns humping human legs is not appreciated).
    • He would do fine in a home with a laid back dog, or as an only.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: ~ROOK~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Chicago, Illinois.

Rook is still searching for his pawfect home<3
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Remove Ads