Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Rook.jpgRook1.jpgRook2.jpgRook3.jpg

Rook's Info...

I am already neutered, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, and good with dogs.
Rook's Story...
Hey guys remember me? Iā€™m the guy CEBR picked up on Christmas Eve day. I was a bit of a ā€œhot messā€ when CEBR rescued me, but I have made huge strides and am feeling great and ready for my forever home! My story is sad though. Yep. Unwanted, skin and bones and in pain due to a skin disease. I have been working hard on healing up as I came in with a severe case of mange. Donā€™t get scared though. Most people hear that word and freak out. The type I have isnā€™t contagious. It is simply an auto-immune deficiency that has left me with sore skin that needed help. And help is what I got from CEBR!
Iā€™m 4-5 years old and I am a pretty darn good boy. I am one cutie patootie! You see I have a very unique feature. My handsome mug is a little ā€œaskew.ā€ Yep, I have a crooked smile. All the babes love it!

I like to follow my foster mom around and see whatā€™s cookinā€™. Literally. The kitchen is my favorite room in the house. I got to work right away as the official kitchen supervisor. Donā€™t worry though. I am a silent beggar when it comes to your food. But when it comes to my foodā€¦wellā€¦.thenā€¦ I might bark and get excited! Iā€™m still pretty skinny and CEBR is trying to build up my manly physique.

And when it comes to meal time they call me the ā€œpiranhaā€ because if you arenā€™t careful Iā€™ll take a finger off for a treat ;) Iā€™m also extra sloppy when eating and drinking. The perfect home for me would have one of those dogs that looks like a rag mop so they can clean up after me when I eat and drink! Kind of like my own personal harem.

In terms of upkeep, I donā€™t mind my cleaning routine too much, although I donā€™t love it either. Right now I get two medicated baths a week until my mange is cleared up. Which should be soon! I get better every week! I donā€™t have any issues with my ears or wrinkles so those are pretty easy to maintain as well.

Iā€™m working on my potty training too and making strides. I can go 5-6 hours without going potty in the house. But, if you leave me longer than that and I might have an accident. So please continue to work with me (or better yet, take me to work with you! Or maybe you even work from home?)

I spend my days snuggling and chewing on bully horns and elk antlers. I like those a bunch. Sometimes I go right up to my canine foster brothers and steal it away! Because I can be pushy, my foster parents say I would do well in a home with another very laid back dog, or I would even be ok on my own. It kinda depends on what the vibe is in the home. I tend to steal toys and chews, and I also get a little frisky (ahem, I need to work on my humping issue) if ya know what I mean. So please be tolerant and help me learn. Iā€™m still not sure about cats either. At first I didnā€™t show too much interest in my feline foster sister, but now Iā€™m a bit more curious so weā€™ll see. I can get pretty rowdy with my foster brothers. I like to be the boss!

Otherwise, I can chill by myself napping the day away. I snore so loud that sometimes I scare myself awake! Sometimes I just sit on your lap snuggling or observing. Like I said, I donā€™t miss a beat when someone is in the kitchen :) And Iā€™m also very interested in moving vehicles. Iā€™m fast and determined so I sure would like to chase them! So a home with a fenced yard, or one committed to ALWAYS having me on leash in these situations is essential.

So just a recap of my best qualities: Iā€™m neutered, microchipped, and up to date on shots. Iā€™m super cute with my ā€œfancy faceā€, extra sloppy, toy stealer, kitchen supervisor extrordinaire. So whatā€™s not to love? I also shake & often give kisses on command! Well, Iā€™m pretty sure I smell something cooking so Iā€™m outta here!

The irresistible,

Rookie

NOTE FROM THE HUMANS

Rookā€™s adoption fee is $535. Our adoption criteria for Rook are as follows:

• CEBR Adoption Radius Only.
  • A home that can provide him ample potty breaks (no more than 5 hours).
  • An adopter that will work with him on basic obedience (and tolerant as he learns humping human legs is not appreciated).
  • He would do fine in a home with a laid back dog, or as an only.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.