MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
arlo.jpg

Good morning America, how are you?
Hey all, Arlo here, and boy am I happy to meet you! I'm a 1.5 year old bully boy who is ready for a fresh start! I've had a lot of people fall in love with me, but so far I haven't been able to find a home to call my own. My first owner had me for most of my life, but was never home so I had to spend most of the time all by myself in my crate. Boring! I thought I lucked out with my next owner but I wasnā€™t what she expected and was having accidents and some issues in her house, so she sent me packing. It's not my fault, I was very stressed with the move. Plus, nobody seemed to know that I was deaf and when they found out, they didnā€™t really know what to do with me. So within a matter of a couple of weeks, I was off and into the home of yet another family. They had a one year old human baby who I wanted to love very much, but sometimes it's hard to understand that babies can't play rough like I like to do. So, after 3 jumps and lots of anxiety, CEBR to the rescue. They promised me my next move was my last move. Iā€™m too young to take the stress of bouncing and change and confusion. I want to be a good boy but need a loving, stable home to find that balance.

Now I'm in CEBR's care and I couldn't be happier! My foster mom loves to play fetch with me and it's becoming my new favorite game... She's also teaching me some manners because I tend to get a little wound up while playing. Hey! I can't help it, I've been cooped up for so long, I've got a lot of pent up energy! When I get excited, I tend to get mouthy, so my forever family will need to continue to work on giving me distraction exercises, leave it, and trade me, and other training techniques to keep my manners in check. I'm a fast learner and aim to please.

I live with some other dog and kitty foster siblings. While I can say that I am a little interested, I donā€™t really know what to do with them yet. They're very nice to me so far, though! I also have a few kitty friends, they can hang out all they want, I don't bother them and they seem cool with me hanging out for a while. I think I will do just fine in a home with other animals ā€“ perhaps they can show me the ropes on how to be a good boy in my forever home!

Given my history of bouncing around and my energy, I wouldn't do well around small children, I just love everyone so much but because I can't hear, I get too wound up for the youngā€™uns. As long as you can work with my manners and keep up with my needs as a deaf dog (and those arenā€™t much ā€“ you just have to learn to use your hands to communicate with me instead of words ā€“ itā€™s simple!) then we will be best pals!

I am up to date on my vaccines, neutered, and microchipped

Good day to you! -- Arlo

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arlo is still looking for his furever home.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online