I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Delilah~English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Illinois

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
delilahchicago.jpg

Hi Everyone! My name's Delilah and if I were a radio station I'd be easy listening or smooth jazz. Yup, I'm easy like Sunday Morning! I like long stares out the window while I contemplate complicated matters like, "Should I sleep on my left or my right side?" "Should I raise my left eyebrow or my right when my foster mom says something to me that I generally don't understand or prefer to ignore?" ā€œShould I drink water from the green or metal bowl?ā€ Ahh, give me a few slow contemplative minutes on that one! Deep thoughts only human friends, deep thoughts only.

I will say that being a thinker has some drawbacks. Like I think so hard while staring out the window on my important topics, I pee on my blankets. What can I say? My brain cells are occupied with much more important matters. Also, I prefer to do my thinking on my foster sister's favorite bed! I have to remind her that I am doing very important thinking work by doing my air snapping. How else does a budding canine philosopher get time to herself?

There are some important things you should know about me before considering adopting this budding philosopher! I had a very rough go before I found rescue. They think maybe I was a mill dog ā€œdump.ā€ Thatā€™s what they say anyway. First off, someone was not very nice to me and let my ears get bitten and there are bites taken out of both of them. They took a while to heal and it hurt a lot! Also, I had a bad case of heartworms when I arrived at CEBR. I am currently going through heartworm treatment and that is also very painful and difficult. But I will get through it and then will be a-ok for evermore! My forever home has to understand that preemptive heartworm medications are even MORE important for me ā€“ I can never go through this again! My eyes also need some special care. They are prone to dry eye and infection. They will need to have eye drops daily. And did I forget to mention that I am about 4 years old.

My ideal forever home would embrace my inner philosopher! It would have a quiet place for me to lay on a really fluffy dog bed. It would have a nice window for me to look out and humans to give me lots of love! Someone reading a book to me now and again would be nice too! Iā€™m shy, quiet, sweet and still getting my bearings. Because of my unknown background, it may take me a few weeks to a few months to fully come out of my shell. Wonā€™t you follow me in the process?

Well, I've got to go! I have a lot of thinking to do! Hope to see you at a book store near you soon....in the philosophy section of course!
Delilah

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah is still looking for her fuorever home.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online