I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Parker~English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Illinois

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
parker.jpg

Hello Dah-ling, I am Parker, "Park-man" and "Park-Model", to my close friends. Iā€™m a 4.5 year old chap. Would you like to pour yourself a spot of tea or grab a pint, and get to know me? Aces! There is a lot to learn about me. First off, I love food! Secondly, I want to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Good Samaritan who found me as a stray and called CEBR. Would you believe I was found just wandering around a dirty old scrap yard? Thatā€™s no place for a dignified guy like me! I was starved for so long my bones were showing through my skin. Not to worry though, I am putting on a couple pounds since being rescued and starting to look like a proper beefy bully again!

I've been told I might be the most, reserved, dapper, graceful, big headed, svelte, "light-on-his-toes" bulldog you may ever meet! I am a pretty easy going chap most of the time. My foster Mum says my strut resembles the prowl of the Pink Panther. Smooooooth, is what she calls it! She also said, I have a certain beguiling & stealth-like quality to me. I can just quietly waltz into a room without making a sound. If I werenā€™t so magnificently adorable, I would barely be noticed. Let me just say, other than wiping my wrinkles, ears, folds & feet, not a ton of maintenance goes in to keeping me as dazzling as I already am!

I am still learning the rules at my foster home. My foster family keeps trying to convince me that I need some work on my "first date" greetings & playing manners. I love food! I am pretty good with my foster sister, but she is not much into bully play, so they also tell me I need to respect other dog's space or live with a pretty laid back dog. Manners Schmanners! Could someone just remind them that I am a happy loving BULLDOG who thinks he is a puppy? I love to greet people with a jump and a hug around the legs or waist! I have the most fun when I play rough by running and jumping on everyone! I am just trying to spread the Parker Joy!!! For the most part, I tend to be a quiet guy when I am with my people. I tend to raise my voice when I can't see anyone or I am crated. I prefer to roam around, and a crate is just too confining for my free spirit. My foster Mum says my forever family should not have long hours away from me. Otherwise, you will hear my best impersonation of Chewbacca from Star Wars (my version of a howl) and your neighbors might not like it! I tend to over dramatize getting my point across every now and again, and I am not afraid to voice my opinion about being away from my people, LOUDLY.

Except for my loneliness when your note around and my ultra playful nature, I have been on pretty good behavior since I have been with my foster parents. When I want to play, I will nibble at hands and feet. Mouthy is what my foster family calls it. When I get too mouthy, I usually wind up out in the back yard. I burn off some energy by tossing a ballistic Kong tug of war toy around the yard or chewing on it. I also love to chew on raw beef femur bones!! Fenced in totallyā€¦.of course!

I get really excited when my people come home. I just jump up to hug and kiss them. I am pretty sure that anything in a human hand is something for me, so lookout, it's likely you will see my AIR Dog impression pretty early on! My foster family is trying to explain "manners" but I just want to play.

I love to wear harnesses or collars on my evening stroll. I like to get in 30-45+ minutes of good exercise twice a day (I've gotta keep up this streamlined love machine of a body).
I get excited when I know we are leaving and do the happy bully wiggle butt dance. Riding in the car is a lot of fun but, I am learning manners for there, too. Best to buckle me in for rides in the car. I love to play hard & rough, run, jump and play tug of war. If you're up for a game, I hope you have strong arms, and aren't afraid of my playful growl. I love to nurse on pillows and soft things. My appetite is so big I eat 3 meals a day (and then I scrounge for my foster sister's leftovers). Hey what can I say, I love food! When I came into rescue, I was a lot skinnier than I am now. Clearly my previous owner didn't feed me very often. When I know it's meal time I tend to get really excited too and I start to drool and jump up. So now, I have to give a good sit before the bowl will be set down for me. I am diligently working on my manners and my foster Mum says I am a good student. geesh, who wouldn't for those amazing biscuits! Hopefully we can meet in person and you can get to know me well. I think I hear the dinner bell, so as we say across the pond, Abysinnia!

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Parker is still looking for his furever home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He's so cute!!! Look at his darling ears :luv:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk