MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
obi.jpg

May the force be withā€¦ā€¦..me!
Hello everyone!! May the force be withā€¦ā€¦..me!
Iā€™m Obi Wan, one of the newest bullies up for adoption at CEBR. I came into CEBRā€™s care from a family with a little too much on their plate including new kiddos. Because of a new baby and a toddler in the house, I wasnā€™t able to get the attention that I require. Donā€™t be fooled by my age (9 years young). Iā€™m quite energetic and love exerting it! However, when itā€™s time to relax, Iā€™m fully on board! One of my favorite pastimes is to just sit and watch TV with my foster family. Guess what movie is my all time favorite? Star Wars of course! I could watch that one all day long.

My foster mom says that Iā€™ve been an absolute angel while staying with them. Iā€™ve had little or no issues at all!! Of course, there are always a few things I could stand to work on in the etiquette department. I get a little excited whenever the doorbell rings, but wouldnā€™t you?? Thereā€™s no telling whoā€™s on the other side of the door. It could be my old pal Luke Skywalker!! Since Iā€™ve been staying with my foster mom and dad, Iā€™ve really gotten a lot better when thereā€™s someone at the door. NO rushing, pushing or flexing my muscle. Itā€™s all good. Iā€™m much calmer.

The only other issue is that of my eating habits. Iā€™ve had a few bouts with pneumonia, so my previous owners suspected that I have a condition called MegaE, or megaesophagus. This is where the esophagus doesnā€™t work quite perfectly (according to Wikipedia, ā€œan animal has megaesophagus when the esophagus stays enlarged and does not push the food down to the stomach. Therefore, the food fails to enter the stomach and often stays in the esophagus, and is eventually regurgitated or can enter the lungs.) Okay, enough of the medical talk. What it means is that I have to eat with my food elevated to reduce my risk of choking and aspirating. Itā€™s really not too bothersome at all. My foster mom is working on more convenient ways to be fed by my forever family, like soft foods in a raised bowl, or smaller, more frequent hand feedings.

In terms of my forever digs, Iā€™m also not really the biggest fan of younger children. They are just a little too high energy for an older gentleman such as myself. Thatā€™s the main reason I came into rescue ā€“ the combo of kids in the home with all of that excitement really just got my goat! Iā€™d personally prefer a calmer, more quiet, relaxing home without all of the commotion. I seek a serene environment where I can where I can practice using the ā€œforceā€. Although Iā€™m considered a senior in the dog world, I am one of the most active bullies that my foster mom says sheā€™s ever encountered. I love to run, go on big walks, chase squirrels and tennis balls, and could spend just hours trying to figure out the wonder that is a KONG toy! Iā€™m quite agile for my age too. Getting in and out of a car is absolutely no problem at all. Iā€™m also great with stairs, so thatā€™s not a concern either.

Iā€™ve been thinking about this a lot, and I would have to say that the perfect forever home, for a wise Jedi such as myself, would have to be one without small children and possibly another dog. I do get along with other dogs; itā€™s just that I really donā€™t like to share my toys and parentā€™s attention with another. I just might be able to get over all of that though with some training and guidance. It wouldnā€™t matter to me if I were in or out of the city. Iā€™m completely comfortable in either. I walk very well on leash and Iā€™m just as comfortable running around in a yard, doesnā€™t matter to me. Iā€™m also great with stairs, so thatā€™s not a concern either.

Well, I must be off. Iā€™m in the middle of a Star Wars marathon!!
May the force be with you (this time)!

Obi Wan

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.