I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Stewart~English Bulldog Available for Adoption in Illinois

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
stewart.jpg

Stewartā€™s the name, as in my fellow speed racer, Tony Stewart! Just like him, I have been known to race super fast and burn some major rubber on my wheels. Although Tony likes to tear around on 4 wheels, I do my best work on two. You see, my back legs donā€™t function properly due to an unknown traumatic event in my past. A recent MRI showed extensive spinal cord damage that cannot be reversed. Just like rolling on a flat tire, this might get some dogs down; not this guy though!! Despite a few a set-backs I choose to see the bright side of things.

Iā€™m a happy guy who feels extra lucky to have been saved by my friends at CEBR. I was found dragging myself along a back country road, lost, lonely and starved. I was turned over to a local shelter who reached out to CEBR to help me. Fast forward two months and my wounds from dragging my legs are almost 100% healed, Iā€™m growing big and strong and Iā€™m cleared of the Lymeā€™s disease I tested positive for. And you know what? Iā€™m just a baby still? Well, we think about 1.5 years old. I have sparkly teeth and a super young spirit too!

Iā€™m working on getting used to my new wheels and going to physical therapy regularly where Iā€™m working my hardest at strengthening my back legs to help take some weight off my front. I love going to PT because they recognize me as the star I am when I roll up in my wheels; opening the door for me, oohing and awing over my good looks and showering me with kisses. Iā€™m not gonna lie, I LOVE the attention; from humans and furry friends alike. I hope my forever home will have a furry brother or sister for me, as I love the comfort of having someone around as much as possible. When my foster parents are out, I prefer hanging with my foster brother to keep me company.

Itā€™s important I mention my daily maintenance, as it includes necessary pit stops to change my oil (manually express my bladder) every 3-4 hours because Iā€™m unable to completely empty my bladder on my own. Potty training wonā€™t be an issue for me because I sport big boy diapers, and will for the rest of my life. Itā€™s also important my new family will commit to continuing to work with me on my physical therapy and exercises. This speed racerā€™s got to stay in tip-top shape!

You will meet me and fall in love. I may have special needs, but that makes me extra special in so many other ways too!

Vroom Vroomā€¦Itā€™s time for this speed racer to head on over to the Winnerā€™s Circle where you will find me waiting to celebrate with my perfect new family.

Stew

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Last edited by a moderator:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This fast guy is still looking for his furever home!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Stewart is still available for adoption :luv:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh what a beautiful boy. I hope he finds his forever home soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.