MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
nueske.jpg

A Special Needs Boy With A Strong Will
Hiya! My name is Nueske. Pronounced ā€œnew-skiā€. Just when you thought bulldogs couldnā€™t get any cuter, I came along! Iā€™m just about the most handsome 4 month old brindle bully boy you will ever meet PLUS I have an awesome personality to match! WIN WIN!

I came into rescue when I was a wee pup, only ten weeks old because some people who donā€™t know much about bulldogs decided to breed my mom. I was a little bit different from my brothers and sisters in the litter. While all of the rest of my siblings were healthy, I wasnā€™t walking properly and was dragging my hind feet and getting around strangely. Upon seeing me CEBR knew what my condition was right away ā€“ Iā€™m a spina bifida puppy! Unfortunately that isnā€™t the only thing that I have contended with at this young age. Because the breeder wasnā€™t sure what was wrong with me, they never gave me the proper puppy vaccines that the rest of the litter received. I came into CEBRā€™s care and bam -- I developed parvovirus and it almost killed me! Donā€™t worry, now I am back in good health after that close call, CEBR has made sure I have received all of the proper immunizations, and Iā€™m just about ready to find my forever home. Woo Hoo!

Now you may have seen my outrageously handsome photos on CEBRā€™s Facebook page and noticed something else a bit different about myself, Yup thatā€™s right. I wear a diaper and am I proud of it! This is necessary due to continence caused by spina bifida.

Now donā€™t start feeling bad for me because of my strange gait and my diaper bottom because I donā€™t mind one bit! You see I was born with Spina Bifida, and as a result I will always wear diapers. I donā€™t have control over my bladder or bowels so itā€™s BIG BOY pants for me. Forever. Itā€™s also important for you to know that I will always need a little assistance getting around. Spina bifida has made my back legs and their function ā€œa little wonky.ā€ I can move my back legs some and use them to hop like a bunny, but as I get heavier (Iā€™m getting to be a big boy!) it gets a lot harder for me. CEBR has ordered me my first set of ā€œwalking wheelsā€ to assist me and I am now officially a member of CEBRā€™s Team Speed Racer, an elite group of bullies that have ambulation challenges but forge ahead anyway! GO TEAM SPEED RACER! It may also be possible for me to have a surgery to help straighten my legs a bit in the future, but the doctors wonā€™t know that until Iā€™m a bit older. It doesnā€™t matter to me though because I know I will be zooooming along either way!

Iā€™m a puppy and still working on my manners, just like any other puppy. Because I am incontinent you donā€™t have to worry about potty training me (bonus!) but I still get into all kinds of puppy trouble. My foster family says it would probably be a good idea to attend a training class with me. Sometimes I like to chew on things other than my toys... you know momā€™s shoes, my foster sister Buttercupā€™s neck, or even nibble on my foster pops. Oops, sometimes I forget. Iā€™m smart so with your guidance Iā€™m sure I will be a model student!

My ideal home would be one that had treats, lots and lots of treats! Now you may be thinking I need someone home to take care of me 24/7 because of my diaper. But that simply isnā€™t true! I do need my diaper changed, but as long as that is done every four to eight hours we will be just fine. So someone that works during the day and has a dog walker or pet sitter coming mid day would work just fine. Or I would love to go to work with you, or even hang with a stay-at-home mom or pop!

I also need someone who is ok with me either being in a cart, or later if surgery is an option, being ok with me never walking like a ā€œregularā€ bulldog. I get around just fine ā€“ just differently!

Do you have other dogs? Fantastic! I love other dogs and have been living with four other bulldogs! Kids? Cool with me as long as they are older!

I need to go now, Iā€™ve got some chewing and snuggling to do! Donā€™t worry though when I sleep I will be dreaming of you, my forever home.

Nueske

UPDATE: I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nueske is still looking for his forever home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Nueske is still available for adoption :luv:

Most Reactions