I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Bernie ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Bernie.jpg

Hi All! Itā€™s Bernie! I am about 5.5 years old, neutered and I am current on all my vaccines and heartworm negative! Yippee! I was originally a stray, then found a home but it just wasnā€™t perfect for meā€¦so Iā€™m holding out, waiting for the absolutely most perfect home for all of my handsomeness!

Because I had such a rough few years before rescue, I look a little ā€œroughā€ around the edges. But hey, it gives me character! I have a little bald stripe down my back and I canā€™t remember how I got it. Perhaps a reaction to flea meds? Or an old injury? I tuned it out! Who knows? But my foster fam says itā€™s way cute! My only medical issue that you will have to stay on top of is ā€œdry eyeā€ which will require daily eye cleaning and drops (most likely for the rest of my life). But Iā€™m so happy to have someone to take care of me, itā€™s easy peasy and I let you drop them right in.

I am as laid back as laid back can be! You literally can do anything to me, as long as we are together! All the loneliness has not affected how much I love people! My foster mom says that I want nothing more than to just be around you and have you love me. In return I will give you lots of kisses and gentle nibbles! I love to snuggle and nap. Napping is the bestā€¦ and itā€™s even better when I can do it with you! I bet you will love my snoring and the sound of my flapping lips puffing as I breath out. My foster mom says itā€™s so sweet! Others tend to laugh when they hear it. Oh well! To each their own! One of my favorite things is to have my belly rubbed! And itā€™s how I get you to do what I want! If I donā€™t want to do somethingā€¦ on my back I go! Too cute, I know! Oh and I know how to sit and shake! Thatā€™s two tricks! Pretty good for a bulldog! Did I mention that I am potty trained?

I get along well with some dogs and sometimes get a little too interested in cats. I guess they may not like my attention! So a home with another chill dog, or pehaps no other dogs or cats, would be best for me.

Like I said, I am super easy going, but because I have been so lonely most of my life, I really donā€™t like being away from you! Sometimes I get a little (as my foster mom says) ā€œvocalā€ about me wanting to be around you. I donā€™t mean to get whiny, but I just love you so much, I canā€™t contain my emotions sometimes! I am also perfectly fine being left home during the day for a few hoursā€¦perfect for a working family. Remember I am potty trained AND I have manners! I donā€™t chew on your things! I love Nylabones. Furthermore, I am a great eater!
<br><br>Time to sign off! I got to go get my belly rubbed! Canā€™t wait to get my forever home!

NOTE FROM THE HUMANS
--Bernieā€™s adoption fee is $550. Our adoption criteria for Bernie are as follows:
-- CEBR Adoption Radius Only
--A home with a really chill pet, or perhaps no other pets. Let him be the star!
--A home that is committed to caring for his dry eye condition for the rest of his life. Itā€™s just drops, but needs to be consistent.

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions