I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Rhubarb ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Rhubarb_zps8ff4a2e2.JPG

Rub-a-dub-dub give me a belly rub!

Yeah, that is my real tongue. And yeah, itā€™s almost always like that. I know, I know, I get asked that all the time. But come on! How can you resist my innate bulldog charm AND a permanently welcoming tongue? People literally stop me on the street to compliment me!

My name is Rhubarb. My foster mom says I seem like an old-fashioned kinda gal (just like rhubarb from Grandmaā€™s garden), and that I am all sweet with a little tartness in there for fun. When I do something silly, sometimes she says to me, ā€œRhu, were you born in a barn?ā€ And I just smile up at her, with my funny eyes and droopy tongue and remind her, ā€œYes, I was! And CEBR rescued me and I am forever grateful.ā€ Works like a charm. My foster mom can never be upset with me for long.

I am 4 Ā½ year old and spent all of that timeā€”until the ā€œbig rescueā€ā€”at a puppy mill where I lived in a cage and had litter after litter of puppies. When I was rescued, I was pretty weak, dirty, and kind of puny, but I am blossoming. I have a new spring in my step and a gleam in my eye.

I have learned so much since meeting my foster mom. My back legs are stronger, although I have a ā€œlow riderā€ silhouette so Iā€™m never going to go anywhere fast. I have the cutest wiggle in my walk and I have become so much happier that my tail wags now (I didnā€™t know how to wag it before). I am learning to do stairs. I love, love, love waddling through the grass, stopping to roll in it. I also love belly rubs and my new chew toys (Nylabones and a rope toy).

My ears, eyes, and tail stay pretty clean with regular maintenance. Because of, you know, THE TONGUE (and because I had to have 15 teeth pulled due to lack of good food in my previous life), I am a messy eater and drinker (you should see the distance I can get on a good bowl of fresh water). Iā€™m learning to eat from an elevated food dish. My foster mom wipes my mouth and chin after meals. Very classy.

I crave being around people and other animals. I do fine when my foster mom is at work but when sheā€™s gone I like to cuddle by my foster sister. And hereā€™s the thingā€”the only thing Iā€™m askingā€”since I spent 4 Ā½ years in a cage, I frankly never want to see the inside of one of those things again. If you happen to forget this, I will let you know with my raspy but persistent bark. That is about the only time I bark, unless I find myself in one room and the rest of yā€™all are in another roomā€¦then I want to be with you!

And the other thing I should share; Iā€™m working really hard on this whole house-breaking thing. Iā€™m getting the hang of it but would love someone with a consistent schedule and patience when we go outside. Iā€™m not there yet. But Iā€™m trying.

Overall my foster mom says, ā€œRhu is one of the sweetest, most laid-back bulldogs Iā€™ve known. She will win anyoneā€™s heart (human or animal). She wants to give love and be loved. Her biggest learning curve is house breakingā€”and that is happening slowly but surely.ā€

Hope to make your acquaintance soon.

XOXO Rhu

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.