I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Walter ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Walter_zps92ccbc6b.JPG
I May Have Limped In But I Will Leave CEBR Strong!

Hello English Bulldog Enthusiasts!

My name is Walter and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm a 5-year-old, 50lb bully boy with a laid-back attitude and lots of love to give. A good Samaritan reached out to CEBR a couple weeks ago to say they found an English Bulldog wandering the streets. They took me in and made the call to CEBR. CEBR scanned me for a microchip and waited for someone to claim me, but that never happened. How rude! I'm now a full-time CEBR foster.

I went to the vet and it turns out I needed a makeover - my ACL was torn and I was neglected throughout my life, so I had the ACL repair, and am still recovering. My new forever home will have to be patient as I continue to heal as it could take 6-8 more weeks. I also had a typically bully issue called ā€œentropianā€ which is where the eyelids roll in and scratch the eyes. I just had that surgically corrected too ā€“ whew! It was a complete bully makeover! They vet found out that because I had an untreated ACL for what was likely some time, I developed some arthritis in my bag leg. I was gimping around a bit and know I am on anti-inflammatories and pain meds which help. I will likely need to be on the anti-inflammatory from now on, but Iā€™m ok with that. I will stop the pain meds soon enough, though. Iā€™m also neutered, up to date on my shots, heart worm free, and microchipped, too.

Like I said, I'm now a CEBR foster. Not a bad gig. I don't have to eat out of the garbage, or look for a place to lay my head at night. My foster parents have a big comfy bed for me in their house; they serve me my food in shiny bowls and I've got some neat toys, too. They pet me and tell me I'm a good, handsome boy. I already knew these things, but it's nice to hear them. My foster brother is nice to me, too. This is the stuff dreams are made of. I can't wait for a forever home like this! Oh yeah, a limited number of stairs would probably be good given my recovery and ongoing arthritis issue in my back leg. Those darn sports injuriesā€¦ humph!

Iā€™m a good boy and it's evident I spent time with a family. Here are some good things to know: I'm potty trained, I know how to sit and stay, I don't climb on the furniture unless I'm invited, and I'm great with other dogs. The only thing I don't like are crates. I want to be part of the household - I've spent enough time on my own! When my foster parents go to work, I stay in my own little area, which is great. I like it. I have my bed, toys and water. I'm not asking for the whole house, friends, I just want my own little room.

My perfect forever home would be a home with a flexible schedule, or with a dog walker. I love hanging with the family, just watching television and sleeping. I have one thing to disclose, which is very embarrassing. I get so excited when my foster parents come home, I actually run to them, wiggle my butt and shake my nub. The street dogs wouldn't be impressed, but humans need some love, too.

Thank you for listening to my story.

Best Regards,

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.