I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Poopsie ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Poopsie_zpsb6a899dc.JPG

Hi! My name is Poopsie I am an adorable 3.5 year old, 55 lb English Bully girl. I am an active sweet pea who loves attention and has lots of energy to burn off! I am such a happy girl and looking forward to making my dreams come true. You see, my past is just that, the past...I am not letting that get me down because I have a whole new lease on life!! I came from one of the worst puppy mills in the US, serving only one purpose, to have puppies for those awful people who never cared to even give me a name. The nerve of some people!! Thankfully, my CEBR rescue angels came to save me along with 24 more of my friends. That was the day my whole life changed for the better!

My foster mom and dad just love me to pieces!! I have beautiful bright eyes, perky ears and a sweet disposition. My favorite thing to do besides laying on my dog bed and running around the house is to jump in everyoneā€™s lap, or the couch. I love to cuddle! I do love attention! But who wouldnā€™t after where I came from? If you are looking for a leaner, thatā€™s my specialty! I lean into you when you are standing. I just want to be touching you all of the time. I also LOVE to EAT!! My foster Parents are working with me on being a polite girl when it comes to taking treats. Sometimes I get so excited I steal treats from my foster bully siblingsā€¦. Oops.

I am learning to embrace my harness and leash, I like walks but forget that I am attached and take off too fast. I would benefit from a basic training class since I didnā€™t get one ounce of training the first few years of my life, but overall, Iā€™m picking it up really quickly! I am doing very well on potty training. And Iā€™m a sun bum. I love to lay in the sun and work on my tan.

I love to meet new people, just a ā€œlittleā€ social butterfly. I love to be petted first, fed first and let outside first. What can I say I want to win every race. I also love playing with toys, I have an entire toy bin that I like to empty every day and scatter the toys throughout the house. This way I know wherever I am I will always have a toy to play with. I am still learning how to play with other dogs and have recently learned to play tug with my foster sisters.

In terms of my general health, I feel great. I am up to date on my shots and have been spayed, microchipped, yippee! When CEBR first met me the vet noticed that my heart sounded a bit funny. I have seen the cardiologist and was diagnosed with a condition called sub aortic stenosis (basically itā€™s a heart murmur). Itā€™s in the moderate/severe range but with daily beta blockers, a simple pill once per day, the vet thinks my outlook looks great! I just need to check in with the cardiologist once per year and my family needs to pay attention that I donā€™t overexert myself, donā€™t get too hot, you know, basically all of the stuff bullies shouldnā€™tā€™ be doing anyway! The pills are only $10 per month (generic) and I take them like a champ! You will also notice that I have a slight limp. From spending years in the crate I have not developed my muscle strength yet. They are getting better but I often will start to limp a bit after playing hard and will put myself in my bed to take a rest. I generally know when to take it easy!

My perfect forever home would be with a family that loves to cuddle and has lots of toys to give me . I am also very good with other dogs and love to play with them so a playmate would be perfect. My family would have to be consistent with my health issues and taking care of my heart, but heck thatā€™s not too much to ask for a girl this sweet is it? Iā€™m pretty darned perfect if I do say so myself!

Poopsieā€™s adoption fee is $550. Our adoption criteria for Poopsie are as follows:

ā€¢ She needs another dog in the home to be her companion and playmate
ā€¢ She is still a bit shy and afraid of loud noises and commotion ā€“ a home in the burbs would likely be best for her.
ā€¢ A family commitment to monitoring her heart murmur and following up yearly with her cardiologist and providing her daily heart meds.

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.