I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Edie ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
edie.JPG

Sweet, Classy and Living The Good Life Now!

Well hello gorgeous! My name is Edie and people say I am sweet at pie! I am a 4 year old momma and I came to CEBR after I was recently rescued from a puppy mill where I spent my entire life in a breeding kennel, in an old trailer like building, in a wire cage, day in and day outā€¦every day, 365 days per year. I was forced to have puppies over and over again and lived in horrible conditions. But, I got lucky and rescuers were able to get me (and 25 other dogs) out of there!

My foster parents say that I am super sweet and I am so glad to be enjoying a loving home and a warm bed. I am learning how to eat and drink from bowls and with a little bit of wet food, I got the idea quickly. You see in my prior life I never had a bowl to eat out of ... it was uncivilized! I would eat off the floor. Can you believe it? Iā€™m a lady, thatā€™s not my style.

I recently went to the vet and weighed in at 53 lbs, the perfect size for a bully girl. At first they thought I may be pregnant (I have a thick waistline you see), but yay! No pups for me. I am going to be spayed soon and I know have my vaccinations updated and even have a microchip. Iā€™m pretty healthy all around.

I was a little standoffish and uncertain at first but I started venturing out into the living room to say hello to my bully foster brother. I think heā€™s a little nuts but I am warming up to him every day. I even played keep away with him with one of his toys. That was fun! I am trying to learn how to walk on the leash and I am picking up on it pretty quickly. Just get me pointed in the right direction and I am right behind you. And guess what? I went up the stairs today! I took it really slowly, but I made it, 22 stairs! Thatā€™s a lot of exercise for a mill girl who has never been up and down stairs before.

I am getting used to going potty outside but I still have a few accidents inside. Iā€™m a work in progress. Alright, well it was great catching up with you guys. I am going to keep working on whittling my waistline and learning the ropes!

Goodbye now darling!

Edie

Edieā€™s adoption fee is $595. Our adoption criteria for Edie are as follows:
--CEBR Adoption Radius Only--A home that will be patient with her potty training progress.
--Another dog that gives her space would be fine, but she could be happy by herself as well.

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.