I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Forest ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Forest_zps48fc8269.JPG

Squishy. All Boy. All Love-a-bull!
Greetings. My name is Forest. And yes, I do believe ā€œlife is like a box of chocolates!ā€ Hey wait, Iā€™m not supposed to eat chocolate! Anyway, Iā€™m a silly little 4 year old boy in a compact little package! Iā€™m short, squat and cute as a bug in a rug!

You see I came to CEBR from a puppy mill as part of Project Mercy. I was known only by my number (#406) which is why my name is ā€œForestā€ā€¦kind of sounds like ā€œ406ā€ but is much more charming to suit my personality! At this particular puppy mill (and boy was it awful), I was used as a stud dog to make puppies that were then sold to pet stores. This mill was miserable. I spent my life in a cage in an old trailer, filthy, infected. Just gross! And hereā€™s the kicker, they were breeding me to the other females on site, and it turns out that I have a genetic heart condition that I was passing along to my offspring. Who knows how many bully pups this has affected?

So hereā€™s what you need to know about handsome oleā€™ me. I am a sweet little guy with a gentle heart (but one that also doesnā€™t work perfectly). I have periods of being peppy and energetic, but still spend most of time in my ā€œpuppy house,ā€ (I guess you humans call it a crate). I go in their all the time when the door is open and just watch the world go by. I am starting to get more brave and venture out every now and again. I will walk very gentle, I donā€™t want anyone to notice, I tip-toe around my foster home, then, when they spot me and say ā€œhi Forestā€ I turn around and high tail it back to my house! Whewā€¦exploring is scary and exhausting work!

I have recently been to the cardiologist as upon my first exam in rescue they noticed that I had a fairly noticeable heart murmur. Lo and behold I suffer from a condition called sub-aortic stenosis which basically means there is a thickening in the artery that causes my heart to work harder to pump blood. I am now on medication to help alleviate the pressure on my heart and stabilize my condition and the good doc says that with good care I should have a 75-100% chance at a normal life (Iā€™ll take those odds considering where I came from!)

I was a bit of a mess when I came to rescue. I had worms, chronic dry eye and a urinary tract infection to boot! But now Iā€™m feeling great and the medicine has worked and I am a-okay! I take 1 pill a day for my heart and get eye drops in the morning and evening. My new home will have to keep these up (forever) so please know this. But Iā€™m easy and let you do it with no fuss. I am up to date on my vaccines and microchipped and waiting for the perfect forever home!

Letā€™s talk about my forever home. As with many puppy mill dogs, I will definitely need a home with another ā€œmentor dog.ā€ I am still learning the ropes about how to be a pet in a home. It helps me to have furry siblings around to show me that itā€™s ok to explore, itā€™s ok to go in the yard, and itā€™s ok to get affection. They really soothe me and I am great with them. I have even started to initiate play and have picked up a bone or two in the past 2 days which has delighted my foster mom!

But you must be patient with me as Iā€™m not potty trained yet. I will lift my leg to mark my territory so my foster mom is working with me using a belly band. Iā€™m slowly getting the drift but it will take time. I generally do #2 in the yard thoughā€¦I picked that up pretty quickly! And I picked up stairs quickly too. I donā€™t do them very fast, but I can go up and down with no problems. But a leash? Heck no! Iā€™m not sure what that thing is but it makes me nervous and I pancake to the floor the minute you put it on me. So for now, my ride is a red wagon. I look like a stud riding around town in my hot wheels!

If you are looking for a lover boy with a big heart, short legs and a long tongue ā€“ Iā€™m your man!

See you soon.

Forest

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.