I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Francine ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Francine_zps2b509aec.JPG

Itā€™s A Big World And Iā€™m Ready To Figure It Out!

Hi. My name is Francine (or Frannie for short) and I am a beautiful 2 year old english bully. I was recently rescued from a puppy mill where I spent my first 2 years in a breeding kennel, in an old trailer like building, in a wire cage, day in and day outā€¦every day, 365 days per year. Can you say ā€œbabies having babies?ā€ Itā€™s like a bad Maury Povich show! I didnā€™t have the chance to cuddle with my humans. No chance to lay on a soft bed. But thatā€™s all over now! CEBR was able to get me (and 25 other dogs) out of that puppy mill!

When I arrived into the care of rescue I had a pretty darn bad urinary tract infection as well as a skin infection and nasty case of worms. Can you believe that? A pretty girl like me? But those are all cleared up now and I am in great health right! Good riddance to the days of neglect and lack of care! I am also up to date on my vaccines and microchipped too.

Let me just say ā€œWOW!ā€ I had no idea a world of soft blankets, toys, squishy couches and affection even existed before! I absolutely love all the attention I am getting from the kind humans I have met. I want to be with you every second and may even cry and bark if I can see you but canā€™t get close to you. They say I will be best in a home where I can be the center of attention and spend as much time as possible with my humans.

As much as I love my new-found freedom, I am still very scared and frightened that something or someone might hurt me. So I take each new day with caution, slowly and gently. For instance I am slowly learning that walking through doorways is safe, and just because the curtain blows in the wind, it doesnā€™t mean I am in harms way. Little things like that. I am not used to living in a house so all of these noises and smells you take for granted are all totally new to me.

My foster family is helping me build my confidence so I can thrive in this big new world of unknowns. Everyday I am working at learning something new (today was stairs!). My foster parents say Iā€™m a quick learner and with some guidance and positive reinforcement, Iā€™ll have these skills down pat in no time.

I am in a foster home with other bullies and so far have decided that they arenā€™t my cup of tea. Now donā€™t get me wrong, I think with time and a training class or two under my belt, and some proper socialization, I will likely be able to hang with other dogs. But the world is scary enough for me right now so we are focusing on my confidence and will leave dog-to-dog introductions for several months from now once I am in my new home and have learned to trust you. Ok?

If you want a sweet, young, little gal to dote on and love, Iā€™m your girl. Please help me continue to come out of my shell and let my happy-go-lucky bully shine!

XOXO

Francine

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online