I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Harper ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Harper_zps929443f9.JPG

Curvy, Voluptuous and Movie Star Material!

Check me out! My name is Harper and I am a voluptuous 4 year old bully girl who was a prior puppy mill momma and one of CEBRā€™s Project Mercy rescues. CEBR was able to get me (and 25 other dogs) out of a puppy mill and into their care where we are all learning what it is like to live in a home for the first time. That mill was a horrendous place. I lived in an old trailer like building, in a wire cage, day in and day outā€¦every day, 365 days per year.

But that life is long behind me. Today you will find me spending my days shakinā€™ my booty & livinā€™ the good life! I am settling into my foster home just fine and learning so many new thingsā€¦for instance, I am finding out that there is an appropriate to potty outsideā€¦who knew??! I promise to work on this now that it has been brought to my attention. Will you help me?

I really love it when you rumple my face up. Iā€™ve never experienced that before and any snuggle or affection is my favorite! I love toys and shake them vigorously when you try to take them! Sounds like fun right!?

Iā€™m mostly a slow walker but thatā€™s probably because Iā€™m a chunky muffin. I do move a little faster when I get excited & I enjoy car rides too. I love long walks on the beach and watching the sunset. Ha Ha, just kidding! Short walks and snuggling on the sofa are more my speed! I canā€™t do stairs just yet so weā€™re working on that. I also need some help learning to walk on a leash. I really just prefer to wander around freely so itā€™s a good thing I donā€™t move to fast!

Iā€™m still getting used to my cleaning routine. Oh that darn cleaning routine! How about play time instead? Iā€™m just a little finicky but thatā€™s because there are still so many other things I need to be discovering! Iā€™m very friendly with humans but sometimes I get a little grumpy with other dogs. I am still deciding if I am going to tolerate them or not so Iā€™ll let ya know but for now I guess Iā€™d like a home where I can be the only dog. I am also a bit timid but if you come down to my level Iā€™ll definitely plant a big ā€˜ol kiss on ya! Sometimes I whimper in my crate when I want to see you, but trust me itā€™s really sweet.

In terms of my health Iā€™m in pretty good shape considering my past. I am microchipped & up to date on vaccines. My perfect home would be one where someone can shower me with affection. That shouldnā€™t be a problem though because once you meet me youā€™re going to want to! I would also prefer that there are not a lot of stairs. Iā€™m kinda short and just learning how to walk well out of a crate ā€“ those stairs are just too much!

Well Iā€™ve got so many new things to check out I better get busy. Hope to meet you soon. I just know you wonā€™t be able to resist my chunkalicious physique!

Love and smooches,

Harper

Harperā€™s adoption fee is $595. Our adoption criteria for Harper are as follows:

--CEBR Adoption Radius Only
--A home with no other dogs would be great. She fosters with other dogs but we would prefer she had her own space and time to be socialized properly.
--A home with minimal stairs as she isnā€™t very good going up and down.
--A patient adopter that will help with her potty training.

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Harper is currently pending adoption :up: