I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Huey ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Huey_zpscf7386d3.JPG

Sweet & Loving with a Mile Long Tongue!

Hey bulldog lovers! If you have been looking for the cutest bully of all time then look no further! Itā€™s me, Huey! I am a strapping 4 year old bully boy who was rescued from a puppy mill just a few weeks ago. CEBR was able to get me (and 25 other dogs) out of a puppy mill and into their care as part of a rescue mission called Project Mercy. That mill was a horrendous place. I lived in an old trailer like building, in a wire cage, day in and day outā€¦every day, 365 days per year. They used me as a stud dog and while I appreciate being a ā€œstudā€ and all, that is not the life I had in mind!

I am all silly boy according to my foster family. My most distinguishing feature is my super duper long tongue that is ALWAYS hanging out. The ladies find it charming. Hubba hubba! Iā€™m still not quite sure what to think of my new found freedom out of the mill. While I often get brave and venture out, I will run back into my kennel and then you have to coax me out again. Once Iā€™m out and feeling a bit more bold I will explore a little bit before finding a comfy corner in which to lie down. Once I find my safe spot Iā€™m all set and will observe all that is happening around me.

Iā€™m not an attention hog like my foster sister. But once you start to love me up and pet me, I swoon with all of the affection and will often roll onto my side enjoying the touch. When my humans stop petting me Iā€™ll get up and follow them around for a little bit as a gentle reminder that I liked the attention. Always hoping for more pets even though I may not be obvious about it! Iā€™m very sweet but shy and donā€™t mind finding my own space to take in the sights and sound and just watch quietly.

So you can take the bully out of the country, but you canā€™t expect me to figure out this city livinā€™ quickly! Those stairs in my foster home sure are tricky. I can do a few of them but it takes a lot of coaxing and nudging. And the leash, well, I am ok with it, but it isnā€™t my favorite thing in the world either. Sometimes I pull away from it and even buck like a bronco trying to get out of the leash and collar. This boy wants to be naked and free! Which may mean that I will lay down and not walk. Yup. I said it. Iā€™m the bully you see folks tugging on the sidewalkā€¦and proud of it! On the flip side Iā€™m consistently going potty outside but foster mom told me I had to share that I still will mark in the house now and again. Consider me a work in progress.

I am generally pretty healthy and am neutered and up to date on vaccines and microchipped too. I have a little weakness in my back legs and you will occasionally see me stumble just a bit, but I pick up and carry on. No biggie! CEBR is monitoring my overall health and learning more and more every day. I got the clear for adoption and am ready to go!

I live with a bully brother and sister and do really well with them. Iā€™m an easy going guy when it comes to other dogs and like the companionship. CEBR says they think I will do best in a home with another ā€œmentorā€ dog that can help me feel more confident and coax me out of my shell.

Are you ready for all of this perfection? If so, what are you waiting for? Get your application in.

Huey

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online