I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Woody ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Woody_zpsde9ead13.JPG
Pumpkin Pie. Apple Pie. Cobblerā€¦.none are sweeter than me!

Hi there! Iā€™m Woodrow (but they call me Woody for short). Iā€™m an absolutely perfect 2.5 year old bully boy who was recently rescued from a puppy mill. In that mill I spent my entire life in a breeding kennel, in an old trailer like building, in a wire cage, day in and day outā€¦every day, 365 days per year. I didnā€™t have the chance to interact with people, live in a home, or even feel the grass on my feet. Can you believe it? But CEBR was able to get me (and 25 other dogs) out of that puppy mill!

So my foster parents say that I am the sweetest pumpkin you'd ever meet. Iā€™m ā€œall Bulldogā€ and just want to be next to and/or held by a kind human 24/7. Iā€™m learning what being a normal dog is like now that Iā€™m out of the mill. I started off a little awkwardly, but now Iā€™m learning to do all of the normal things dogs do. Like navigating up and down steps or walking on a leashā€¦.oooohh walks! Actually, I have discovered that I absolutely LOVE to go for walks. You will notice that I will stare at you adoringly the entire time. Because of this I often veer off course and bump in to your leg ...oops! Ok, I admit, maybe Iā€™m still a bit awkwardā€¦but in the most perfect way.

I also love to be outside and have learned in just a few weeks how to do my business outside and not in the house. Yes, I admit. It was tough at first, but I am virtually accident free now! And better yet, the vet has proclaimed me healthy as can be. I am neutered, vaccinated and microchipped. Yep! I get more perfect by the second donā€™t I?

Every now and again I forget that I am safe now and have a few moments where I get scaredā€¦.but basically, I am almost over that and act like a young puppy the majority of the time. I try so hard to get my foster bully sister to play. I love to play. Romp. Danceā€¦letā€™s just have fun! I am looking forward to a new home with another dog to be my partner in crime and my playmate.

I really do have endless love to give (and kisses) and can't wait to meet my forever family! I love to climb up on you and get especially excited when you come down to my level. My foster family is working on this and says it is not always the most appropriate behavior, but it sure is sweet. I am a very gentle chap and would be ok around older children, but my boundless excitement might actually topple a younger kiddo.

Meanwhile, Iā€™m soaking up life in the free world with lots of comfy and carefree naps. And when Iā€™m on the couch my mom says I am ā€œone of the greatest snugglers this side of the Mississippi!ā€

Later friends!

Woody

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.