I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Bernie ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus

From a Stray To A Brewers Fan. Living the Life!

Hi All! Itā€™s Bernie here (as in Bernie Brewer) coming to you all the way from good old Milwaukee, WI. Just a few weeks ago I didnā€™t have a home to lay my squishy little head down at night. Can you believe that? I was a homeless pup! I ended up at a shelter and they knew enough to know that CEBR was my best bet. So here I am!

I am about 5 years old, neutered and I am current on all my vaccines and heartworm negative! Yippee! Thatā€™s a rare site for a stray doggie! I was only about 50 pounds when I came in, but I am in a great foster home now and getting regular yummy food so I am putting on those bullie pounds like a champ! But just a few. I want to be a lean, mean bully machine.

Because I had such a rough start, I look a little ā€œroughā€ around the edges. But hey, it gives me character! I have a little bald stripe down my back and I canā€™t remember how I got it. Perhaps a reaction to flea meds? Or an old injury? I tuned it out! Who knows? But my foster Mom and Dad says itā€™s way cute! My only medical issue that you will have to stay on top of is ā€œdry eyeā€ which will require daily eye cleaning and drops (most likely for the rest of my life). But Iā€™m so happy to have someone to take care of me, itā€™s easy peasy and I let you drop them right in.

I am as laid back as laid back can be! You literally can do anything to me, as long as we are together! All the loneliness has not affected how much I love people! My foster mom says that I want nothing more than to just be around you and have you love me. In return I will give you lots of kisses and gentle nibbles! I love to snuggle and nap. Napping is the bestā€¦ and itā€™s even better when I can do it with you! I bet you will love my snoring and the sound of my flapping lips puffing as I breath out. My foster mom says itā€™s so sweet! Others tend to laugh when they hear it. Oh well! To each their own! One of my favorite things is to have my belly rubbed! And itā€™ss how I get you to do what I want! If I donā€™t want to do somethingā€¦ on my back I go! Too cute, I know! Oh and I know how to sit and shake! Thatā€™s two tricks! Pretty good for a bulldog! Did I mention that I am potty trained?

I get along famously with most dogs and sometimes get a little too interested in cats. I guess they may not like my attention! My foster home has two English bulldogs and a French bulldog. Even though I havenā€™t been with them very long I am really enjoying being around them! I love the little one! She is way too quick for me, but I love a challenge and she makes me smile! Because I just got neutered, other dominant dogs and I have a little energy interference and may require some extended introductions. My foster sister, Georgia and I are working on our relationship too, slowly but surely! I am way more interested in her than she is in I! Sheā€™ll come around!

Like I said, I am super easy going, but because I have been so lonely most of my life, I really donā€™t like being away from you! Sometimes I get a little (as my foster mom says) ā€œvocalā€ about me wanting to be around you. I donā€™t mean to get whiny, but I just love you so much, I canā€™t contain my emotions sometimes! I am also perfectly fine being left home during the day for a few hoursā€¦perfect for a working family. Remember I am potty trained AND I have manners! I donā€™t chew on your things! I love Nylabones. Furthermore, I am a great eater! But I need my family to help me with my water intake! I will drink it up a bit too fast and not know when to stop. Then sometimes ooops! Up it comes! So you may need to give me water in small amounts to help me with this until I learn that the water bowl will always be there if Iā€™m thirsty.

Time to sign off! I got to go get my belly rubbed! Canā€™t wait to get my forever home!

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.