I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Maggie Mae ~~ English Bulldog available for adoption in Chicago, IL ~~ ON MEDICAL HOLD

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus

I Survived A Fire and My Spirit is Stronger Than Ever!

Hi! My name is Maggie Mae and I am sweet as can be. I am little girl at just 36 pounds (Iā€™m underweight) and just 1.5 years old and learning what itā€™s all about to be a familyā€™s best friend and pet. You see several months ago the barn I was living in caught fire with me in it. I was luckily saved (many of the other dogs in the barn didnā€™t make it). Even though the fire made me very sick I was happy to be out of there because my owners were using me for breeding and breeding only. No warm house, no loveā€¦just puppies. I had to stay at a vet clinic for about 2 months because I had severe smoke inhalation and damage to my lungs. But eventually they realized I was strong enough to head out to rescue and WOO HOO here I am.

I am still not totally out of the woods in terms of my health. I have a trachea issue (CEBR is trying to determine if this is from the fire or genetic) that causes me to spit up. It could be that my trachea is too small, or that I have scar tissue. Because of this I canā€™t eat huge meals or I risk vomiting and then aspirating and thenā€¦pneumonia! Iā€™m struggling with pneumonia now so they are working with me to feed me multiple little, soft meals throughout the day, raised bowls so I donā€™t choke, and even hand feeding. I will be having some more tests to determine what the prognosis will be long term but I will likely always need some form of special diet and feeding routine.

While in rescue I have learned and discovered so many new things. It is so wonderful walking in that green stuff my foster mom calls ā€œgrassā€. I think that itā€™s pretty cool getting a special treat every time I go ā€œpottyā€ outside. Talk about some easy work. Even though I want to play and learn how play works I canā€™t get too carried away just yet. I have to wait until my pneumonia is all cleared up before I can go to the park and really kick up my heels and play. So, while I am getting better I will just snuggle with my foster family and watch some cartoons.

I am great with other dogs, cats, and kids. I have a lot of energy even though my lungs are still a little sick but those kids sure know how to give good belly rubs to make me feel better. My foster family has been showing me new things every day. I love ice cubesā€¦ what a cool invention. When I came into rescue my foster mom gave me a bath and I think this was the first time that I have ever one. It was so wonderful and I smell so pretty now.

Somewhere out there is a forever family perfect for me. I am spayed and up-to-date on all my shots. I am also microchipped so I will never get lost. I promise to snuggle if you promise to take me for a car ride (not just to see the Dr.) once in awhile. My forever family has to have patience since everything is new to me. Sometimes I get really scared of new things because I donā€™t understand them. I really, really, hate being alone in the dark. Night light PLEASE! I am working on my table manners and walking like the princess I am on my leash. You will also need to follow CEBRā€™s instructions as it relates to my swallowing, breathing and long term respiratory health. Ok?

Hope to see you at a CEBR event soon. BUH-BYE for now!!

I've Been Adopted!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Chicago English Bulldog Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.