NYBev

Apr 20, 2021
Upstate New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Our new boy came home with us last night. He will be 12 weeks old on Wednesday. The breeder had him on Royal Canin bulldog puppy food. I will be cooking his food for him along with my other two dogs (different breeds). Is there anything I need to do differently for a puppy? I use Balanceit.com autobalancer for the recipes and have the Balance It vitamins that I add to the menus to make them complete for my adult dogs. I am worried about puppy and his needs. Any thoughts?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I would top the meals with bone broth. Loaded of minerals. Boiling a turkey for over 8hrs will do the trick. Remove all fat. Donā€™t over supplement if theyā€™re eating home cooked. Itā€™s in our food. Just a multi vitamin like regular centrum will do. Liquid multi vitamin is better as the body absorbs all. I use to home cook for Nyala as a pup.she had crystals n I put a full stop on all kibbles. I home cook n crystals never returned. Then my dogs went on partial raw to full raw. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great website... thanks for sharing that

OP
N

NYBev

Apr 20, 2021
Upstate New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Started weaning Bubba over to Lamb and Rice with a little bit of parsnip and some green beans. He loved it. But then, puppies seem to like almost everything. And he came with NuVet vitamins. I will keep him on these unless you know of a better brand.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Started weaning Bubba over to Lamb and Rice with a little bit of parsnip and some green beans. He loved it. But then, puppies seem to like almost everything. And he came with NuVet vitamins. I will keep him on these unless you know of a better brand.

He came with a NuVet bottle...cute lolll

Some members here do give NuVet to their dogs so yes finish the bottle. But since yours is eating home cook meals no need to over supplement. Natural Nutrients are already in the meals. Giving supplements to prevent a possibility down the road is like like a guessing game to me. But thatā€™s me. Iā€™m more on the holistic side so I personally donā€™t supplement my dogs cause theyā€™re on a raw diet. I have ā€œnothingā€ against NuVet either. Like I mentioned broth is loaded of minerals. Minerals are way more important than vitamins as just like in humans itā€™s always a deficiency we lose when we go for #1 and/or our lifestyle. So up to you :)

OP
N

NYBev

Apr 20, 2021
Upstate New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
OMG!!! The lamb gave him some terrible gas. It is truly toxic! Back to the drawing board. :(:evil:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG!!! The lamb gave him some terrible gas. It is truly toxic! Back to the drawing board. :(:evil:

Try duck or turkey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WilliamHarrell1

Sep 13, 2021
London
Country
London
Bulldog(s) Names
William
Cooking for your dogs is awesome ā€“ it gives you control over what they eat. When it comes to puppies, though, there are a few things to keep in mind. They need more protein and fat to support their growth and development. It's great that you're using Balanceit.com to ensure his meals are balanced, but I'd recommend consulting with your vet to make sure the recipes meet all of his specific puppy needs. One thing I found super beneficial for my pup's health is bone broth. check it out healofoods . It's packed with nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, and glucosamine, which are essential for bone and joint health, especially for growing pups like yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.