Question about bone broth bits

JaMatO

Jan 31, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is well and using common sense during this trying time. I made some bone broth for Fiona, (I finally got around to making it), I cooked it for about three days. It turned out good I guess. After straining it I had the bones and some meat pieces. I pulled the bones and put the rest into a food processor. It turned into something like a paste. I think it needs salt but anyway, Is it safe to feed the processed bone broth bits to Fiona. I feed her brown rice, ground pork and a vegetable. I make it weekly.
Thanks for reading. Have a Great day!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is well and using common sense during this trying time. I made some bone broth for Fiona, (I finally got around to making it), I cooked it for about three days. It turned out good I guess. After straining it I had the bones and some meat pieces. I pulled the bones and put the rest into a food processor. It turned into something like a paste. I think it needs salt but anyway, Is it safe to feed the processed bone broth bits to Fiona. I feed her brown rice, ground pork and a vegetable. I make it weekly.
Thanks for reading. Have a Great day!

Hi there, three days and still have bits in it? Bits as bones? If so I would remove them n do not add salt. Dogs do not need salt.
Btw, why 3 days? Just curious

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree.... remove bone pieces and no need for salt

OP
J

JaMatO

Jan 31, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
Hi, Sorry took so long... I had read somewhere the longer the better because it gets every bit of fat and meat of the bones. I did remove all the bones. they were pretty soft but I know they would still be a choking hazard. If I was going to eat it it would need salt. :) I would not salt Fiona's food, so no worries there. :) Thanks!

RiccardoVasquez

Apr 5, 2023
Country
GERMANY
Bulldog(s) Names
Mike
When it comes to feeding processed bone broth bits to Fiona, I'd suggest being cautious. Homemade bone broth is typically a healthy addition to a dog's diet, but the paste-like consistency you mentioned could pose a choking risk. A dash of salt is okay, but don't go overboard, as excessive salt can harm dogs. If you're still searching for convenient options, here's my two cents: I usually order Bone Broth online, and it's been a game-changer. It saves me tons of time compared to the long cooking process. Just make sure to check the ingredients to ensure it's suitable for dogs.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.