Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Advice: Home Cooking for 4 month old Bully

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Sorry for only just replying!
    We actually started putting it together ourselves, luckily we have a good selection of muscle and organ meat in our local supermarket and butchers. It did however, take up an awful lot of time. We've started him on a couple of brands: Natures Menu and Paleo Ridge (which is excellent). Which ones do you use?
    I'm from Toronto, Ontario,Canada so I have different brands here than you. My French Bulldog, Honey, is 8 years old and weighs about 30 pounds. I try to rotate different proteins, except I stay away from chicken or chicken blends and venison. I have tried rabbit,beef,lamb,turkey,duck,pork,game bird,fish dinner, and blends of those. Sometimes I buy it in complete meals which include the coconut oil and sea kelp and fish oil. Other times I buy the pure formulas which just have the mix of muscle meat and organs, and add my own sea kelp, about 1/8-1/4 tsp with each meal https://www.amazon.co.uk/Starwest-Bo...botanical+kelp and about a teaspoon of coconut oil and the contents of a 300mg DHA/EPA fish oil capsule with each meal ( except if on a fish diet ) and the contents of a natural source Vitamin E 400IU capsule once a week.I sometimes add the contents of a 1g flax seed oil capsule as well . Since my dog is 8 years old I also add about a half teaspoon of ground turmeric spice and 1/4 tsp of Acti-Flex 4000 supplement with each meal.

2. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Advice: Home Cooking for 4 month old Bully

The advantage of buying the pure formulas which are based on prey model is that they don't include the vegetables and fruit, so if your dog has a really bad yeast problem you are avoiding any sources of sugar from the fruit that can promote yeast.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads