Need tips on how to feed my Bully at home

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello all! I just Wanted to give you and update! So Wade is no longer needing that cone. His eyes are almost on track. Heā€™s energetic and happy again. Our poor boy was so miserable before and all he would do is sleep and itch. The yeast in his nose is going away and his mask is almost back. I cant Believe itā€™s only been less than two weeks but the difference is remarkable. We are doing the turkey and broccoli diet and he loves that broth! His wrinkles are still a work in progress but also improving. I couldnt Have done it without your knowledge. We probably would still be guessing what works and what doesnā€™t. Thank you all for your help. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]

View attachment 112331

Youā€™re most welcome!!! Keep it up. Youā€™re doing a great job!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello all! I just Wanted to give you and update! So Wade is no longer needing that cone. His eyes are almost on track. Heā€™s energetic and happy again. Our poor boy was so miserable before and all he would do is sleep and itch. The yeast in his nose is going away and his mask is almost back. I cant Believe itā€™s only been less than two weeks but the difference is remarkable. We are doing the turkey and broccoli diet and he loves that broth! His wrinkles are still a work in progress but also improving. I couldnt Have done it without your knowledge. We probably would still be guessing what works and what doesnā€™t. Thank you all for your help. @helsonwheels

View attachment 112331

Awesome! Keep us post with more pictures šŸ˜

Spoiledbully

Dec 30, 2017
Louisiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy James
I'm so glad I joined this page. Ever since I've gotten our bulldog he has had allergy and yeast issues. He is on Fromm Grain free food. I have tried every protein with and Salmon, fish are the only one he can keep down. He throws up all the other ones. I am now going to switch to regular food because I can't get his yeast, and red around his eyes under control. He constantly has ear issues. He definitely keeps me on my toes. I wipe his eyes with unscented baby wipes, and clean his ears, even though he hates it. LOL Nothing seems to help. Living in at state that has muggy weather doesn't help neither. But we do what we have to, to keep our babies healthy.

Just wanted to thank everyone that is on here that shares all their knowledge and advice. I for one appreciate it and my Leroy does too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm so glad I joined this page. Ever since I've gotten our bulldog he has had allergy and yeast issues. He is on Fromm Grain free food. I have tried every protein with and Salmon, fish are the only one he can keep down. He throws up all the other ones. I am now going to switch to regular food because I can't get his yeast, and red around his eyes under control. He constantly has ear issues. He definitely keeps me on my toes. I wipe his eyes with unscented baby wipes, and clean his ears, even though he hates it. LOL Nothing seems to help. Living in at state that has muggy weather doesn't help neither. But we do what we have to, to keep our babies healthy.

Just wanted to thank everyone that is on here that shares all their knowledge and advice. I for one appreciate it and my Leroy does too.

((Hug))).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Duke my white face one, has absolutely no stains. Heā€™s pure white not just in his folds but his whole face is very white n not yellowy. I clean his folds daily but I do need to say, eating raw especially giving him frozen tripe, herring n drying them folds on a daily base sure helps. I also do use essential oils on him well on both. To get rid of yeast you need to give him a good homemade probiotic. It been a while I donā€™t use the pill form. I simply fine food works better than a pill. I swear by fermented sauerkraut n smelly tripe. Both eat raw so they do have tripe in their meals daily. So my frozen cube tripe I give them is every other day during the week. Fermented sauerkraut is a tablespoon per day. When you have (humans too) a good flora or clean balanced gut, the yeast will disappear on its own. If youā€™re going to stick to kibbles, do add that fermented sauerkraut, get the frozen smelly tripe n give it everyday. Now in kibbles, Acana is the only one that has tripe in it which I find itā€™s a plus for a quality kibble. Also to make any kibble, bad or good, takes about 40% of starch to transform it into a kibble. Maybe your dog has a harder time than others with starch. Read your labels :)

OP
W

Wade305

Apr 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wade
Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought of tripe and sauerkraut but I'll add that to see how he reacts.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought of tripe and sauerkraut but I'll add that to see how he reacts.

Do one at a time. Donā€™t mix. The tripe is the smelly one not the white bleach one you find at the supermarket. :)

Spoiledbully

Dec 30, 2017
Louisiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy James
Thank you for all the information. I have noticed that he has many issues with starch, so anything with potatoes, flour, rice etc causes problems. Which almost every food out there has potatoes in it. That's another reason why I need to switch to preparing his food myself. I will definitely do the research. Thank you again.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.