Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need tips on how to feed my Bully at home

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    He is gorgeous! So letís get him back on track.

If you want to go home cook... look at The Honest Kitchen, i had great results with Preference base mix and added my protein of choice.

If wanting to stick with kibble

Acana
    Orijen
    Zingature
    Earthborn Holistic
    Fromm

Are great choices

My girl was highly allergic to chicken and would break out in hives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree ! Simplest way to start with home cooking would be to buy a base mix such as Honest Kitchen Kindly or Honest Kitchen Preference or Grandma Lucy's Artisan Grain-Free PreMix and lightly cook your own protein such as turkey or beef and mix together. Even better would be to just buy a complete dehydrated raw food such as Grandma Lucy's Artisan Venison or Honest Kitchen Marvel that has the protein included in dehydrated raw form so you just add water. Dehydrated raw protein is better for your dog than cooked protein.

After a while if you get more adventurous, buy a commercial frozen raw product and feed that to your dog. This is the best food for allergic dogs but least convenient.

To get those wrinkles into shape I would buy some ketoconazole/chlorhexidine shampoo such as Curaseb or Ketohex and put a dab on a wet cosmetic round pad and wipe the wrinkles, then use a second wet round and wash out the wrinkle, then wipe dry with a third dry cosmetic round. Do this once daily for a few days then after that you can keep in shape by wiping wrinkles with a fragrance free wipe with or without witch hazel and then drying with a cosmetic round pad after. You probably won't be able to get wrinkles in good shape if diet is allergenic, as that is the most important part.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I agree ! Simplest way to start with home cooking would be to buy a base mix such as Honest Kitchen Kindly or Honest Kitchen Preference or Grandma Lucy's Artisan Grain-Free PreMix and lightly cook your own protein such as turkey or beef and mix together. Even better would be to just buy a complete dehydrated raw food such as Grandma Lucy's Artisan Venison or Honest Kitchen Marvel that has the protein included in dehydrated raw form so you just add water. Dehydrated raw protein is better for your dog than cooked protein.

After a while if you get more adventurous, buy a commercial frozen raw product and feed that to your dog. This is the best food for allergic dogs but least convenient.

To get those wrinkles into shape I would buy some ketoconazole/chlorhexidine shampoo such as Curaseb or Ketohex and put a dab on a wet cosmetic round pad and wipe the wrinkles, then use a second wet round and wash out the wrinkle, then wipe dry with a third dry cosmetic round. Do this once daily for a few days then after that you can keep in shape by wiping wrinkles with a fragrance free wipe with or without witch hazel and then drying with a cosmetic round pad after. You probably won't be able to get wrinkles in good shape if diet is allergenic, as that is the most important part.
    Thank god I was getting exhausted

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wade
    Likes (Received)

Hello all! I just Wanted to give you and update! So Wade is no longer needing that cone. His eyes are almost on track. Heís energetic and happy again. Our poor boy was so miserable before and all he would do is sleep and itch. The yeast in his nose is going away and his mask is almost back. I cant Believe itís only been less than two weeks but the difference is remarkable. We are doing the turkey and broccoli diet and he loves that broth! His wrinkles are still a work in progress but also improving. I couldnt Have done it without your knowledge. We probably would still be guessing what works and what doesnít. Thank you all for your help. @helsonwheels

-10ba0ae8-0eab-48eb-9185-74b21e682e68-jpeg

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wade305 View Post
    Hello all! I just Wanted to give you and update! So Wade is no longer needing that cone. His eyes are almost on track. He’s energetic and happy again. Our poor boy was so miserable before and all he would do is sleep and itch. The yeast in his nose is going away and his mask is almost back. I cant Believe it’s only been less than two weeks but the difference is remarkable. We are doing the turkey and broccoli diet and he loves that broth! His wrinkles are still a work in progress but also improving. I couldnt Have done it without your knowledge. We probably would still be guessing what works and what doesn’t. Thank you all for your help. @helsonwheels

You’re most welcome!!! Keep it up. You’re doing a great job!!

5. Likes Spoiledbully liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello all! I just Wanted to give you and update! So Wade is no longer needing that cone. His eyes are almost on track. Heís energetic and happy again. Our poor boy was so miserable before and all he would do is sleep and itch. The yeast in his nose is going away and his mask is almost back. I cant Believe itís only been less than two weeks but the difference is remarkable. We are doing the turkey and broccoli diet and he loves that broth! His wrinkles are still a work in progress but also improving. I couldnt Have done it without your knowledge. We probably would still be guessing what works and what doesnít. Thank you all for your help. @helsonwheels

Awesome! Keep us post with more pictures 😁
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Spoiledbully liked this post
    Real Name
    April Kratzer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leroy James
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad I joined this page. Ever since I've gotten our bulldog he has had allergy and yeast issues. He is on Fromm Grain free food. I have tried every protein with and Salmon, fish are the only one he can keep down. He throws up all the other ones. I am now going to switch to regular food because I can't get his yeast, and red around his eyes under control. He constantly has ear issues. He definitely keeps me on my toes. I wipe his eyes with unscented baby wipes, and clean his ears, even though he hates it. LOL Nothing seems to help. Living in at state that has muggy weather doesn't help neither. But we do what we have to, to keep our babies healthy.

Just wanted to thank everyone that is on here that shares all their knowledge and advice. I for one appreciate it and my Leroy does too.

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledbully View Post
    I'm so glad I joined this page. Ever since I've gotten our bulldog he has had allergy and yeast issues. He is on Fromm Grain free food. I have tried every protein with and Salmon, fish are the only one he can keep down. He throws up all the other ones. I am now going to switch to regular food because I can't get his yeast, and red around his eyes under control. He constantly has ear issues. He definitely keeps me on my toes. I wipe his eyes with unscented baby wipes, and clean his ears, even though he hates it. LOL Nothing seems to help. Living in at state that has muggy weather doesn't help neither. But we do what we have to, to keep our babies healthy.

Just wanted to thank everyone that is on here that shares all their knowledge and advice. I for one appreciate it and my Leroy does too.
    ((Hug))).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledbully View Post

Duke my white face one, has absolutely no stains. He’s pure white not just in his folds but his whole face is very white n not yellowy. I clean his folds daily but I do need to say, eating raw especially giving him frozen tripe, herring n drying them folds on a daily base sure helps. I also do use essential oils on him well on both. To get rid of yeast you need to give him a good homemade probiotic. It been a while I don’t use the pill form. I simply fine food works better than a pill. I swear by fermented sauerkraut n smelly tripe. Both eat raw so they do have tripe in their meals daily. So my frozen cube tripe I give them is every other day during the week. Fermented sauerkraut is a tablespoon per day. When you have (humans too) a good flora or clean balanced gut, the yeast will disappear on its own. If you’re going to stick to kibbles, do add that fermented sauerkraut, get the frozen smelly tripe n give it everyday. Now in kibbles, Acana is the only one that has tripe in it which I find it’s a plus for a quality kibble. Also to make any kibble, bad or good, takes about 40% of starch to transform it into a kibble. Maybe your dog has a harder time than others with starch. Read your labels

12. Likes 2BullyMama, Spoiledbully liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wade
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought of tripe and sauerkraut but I'll add that to see how he reacts.

14. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the tip! I would have never thought of tripe and sauerkraut but I'll add that to see how he reacts.
    Do one at a time. Don’t mix. The tripe is the smelly one not the white bleach one you find at the supermarket.

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    April Kratzer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leroy James
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the information. I have noticed that he has many issues with starch, so anything with potatoes, flour, rice etc causes problems. Which almost every food out there has potatoes in it. That's another reason why I need to switch to preparing his food myself. I will definitely do the research. Thank you again.

18. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads