Jsu1225

Mar 31, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaplin
Hello Everyone, I have been making Chaplin’s food for him since he was 10 weeks old. He is now almost 16 months old and is a thriving tank. He probably runs 2-3 miles a day in the backyard with his soccer ball. Because of that I have to make sure his diet is packed with nutrients and calories. I came up with Chaplin Goolash for that reason. He weighs 63 lbs and is solid muscle. This diet has a lot to do with it. I also make sure to give him a good daily multi vitamin. So, here are the keys to the kingdom:

2 lbs of ground turkey meat cooked in a skillet, strained and then put in a large bowl.

3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into small pieces, cooked in a skillet with olive oil, basil leaves, oregano and Parsley. Cook over medium heat with the lid on. You will know it’s done when the natural juices evaporate. Put the chicken in the bowl with the ground turkey.

Put 1.75 cups of cottage cheese in the bowl.

1 can of red kidney beans

Dice up 2 apples and toss them in the bowl along with a 1/2 cup of blue berries.

Boil a 12 oz bag of broccoli florets, a 10 Oz bag of diced sweet potatoes, and 4 carrots cut up into small pieces. Boil until it is all so soft it almost falls apart and then throw it in the bowls as well.

Steam a 12oz bag of chopped spinach and toss it in.

Steam a 10oz bag of sweet corn and toss it in

Toss in 3/4 cup of raw oats and 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil

Boil 3 bags of uncle Bens brown rice and toss them in as well.

Toss in a couple pinches of Kosher salt.

Mix it all together ... thoroughly and Wala... you have Chaplin’s Goolash. Your dogs age, size and energy level will determine how long that serving size will last, but we usually get 4-5 days out of that per batch feeding Chaplin 3x daily. It keeps well in a large Tupperware container by putting it in the fridge. Super easy and Chaplin thrives. I also have a special spaghetti recipe he loves but I only give it to him a couple times a week. Too many carbs... don’t want him gaining too much weight...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I recall doing all that for Nyala. Same idea. I would boil a massive whole turkey for a good 6-8hrs. Added sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, peas.. mine was more of a stew. Filled up ziplock bags with everything n topped it with the broth.. I would freeze the bags.

Very good you’re giving a multi vitamin as when it’s cooked they need them extra vitamins. A lot of ppl don’t know . Like you I believe when you kick start any pup with home cooking or raw, exercise them daily rain, shine n snow...just get them out there, they will be healthier n happy furballs.

Good job Chef Goulash!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online