Please Help! Home cooked diet for Cancer!

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella Artois and Dozer Jordan
As Iā€™ve posted before Ms Stella was diagnosed with bladder cancer a couple of weeks ago. Finding out Stella has inoperable bladder cancer was the worst news! The answers I got for this cancer is every 3 weeks having chemo!! This chemo WILL NOT get rid of the cancer just keep it from growing. Why should I put all of these horrible chemical poisons in her body to make her sick and weaken her immune system. Stellaā€™s life would become an endless round of treatments, tests and misery! So, thinking about Stellaā€™s quality of life Iā€™ve decided to try homeopathy. This will preserve her quality of life and offers more affordable options than conventional treatments. I see the Holistic form of treatment better for Stella because it will focus on her. So Stella is going to have a change in diet to fresh, homemade one, for her specific type of condition. She will also be getting lots of nutritional supplements. We are going to try to strengthen her immune system through food and supplements to beat this cancer! She is also off any other medications besides Benadryl for her allergies. She has been on a home cooked diet for allergies before, but now my question is I donā€™t know how to convert the protein, carbs and veggies for a 55 lb dog. If anyone can help Iā€™d appreciate it.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
im 100% with ya... Let the cooking begin :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16039]Bhaverstock1[/MENTION] how old is Ms Stella n what is she presently eating as food? I agree 200% with you. Chemo will kill bad cells but also the good cells.

If it was me, I would start immediately with turkey broth. Boil a turkey a good 12hrs. Yes add carrots, celery but NO onions. Remove all that fat. Freeze the broth in portion size or I put it in ice cube trays n fill a ziploc bag. I give my pups a cube as a treat but in your case one daily or top Stella's meal with broth. Here's a quick info:

"Bone*broth*contains*minerals*such as calcium, silicon, sulphur,*magnesium, phosphorous & trace*minerals*in an easily assimilable form. These*minerals*are pulled out of the bones in part due to using a vinegar solution prior to cooking. The vinegar helps to draw the*mineral*salts out of the bone."

You can make like a turkey stew. Make sure your veggies are not fully cooked but semi cooked. If it's too complicated buy Honest Kitchen ot Spot Farm turkey. Home cook you will need to give a multi vitamin daily like regular "centrum" not for 40, 50 60 yr old type. Other important spices to add it turmeric, ginger n you need to add a tiny mini pinch of black pepper to activate the turmeric to the meals. Start by little pinches with these spices n build it up to a 1/4 teaspoon but black pepper a pinch. Bare in mind Stella will be drinking less water as home made food is already moist. What I do is one cup of turkey at the bottom of a med size ziploc bag, 2 cups of veggies n fill the bag up with the broth. Freeze them. One bag =2 meals. Any veggie that is dark leafy green are the best and berries as they are loaded with vit C. Probiotics should be given or add sauerkraut everyday. If you can go organic, go for it!

OP
Bhaverstock1

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16039]Bhaverstock1[/MENTION] how old is Ms Stella n what is she presently eating as food? I agree 200% with you. Chemo will kill bad cells but also the good cells.

If it was me, I would start immediately with turkey broth. Boil a turkey a good 12hrs. Yes add carrots, celery but NO onions. Remove all that fat. Freeze the broth in portion size or I put it in ice cube trays n fill a ziploc bag. I give my pups a cube as a treat but in your case one daily or top Stella's meal with broth. Here's a quick info:

"Bone*broth*contains*minerals*such as calcium, silicon, sulphur,*magnesium, phosphorous & trace*minerals*in an easily assimilable form. These*minerals*are pulled out of the bones in part due to using a vinegar solution prior to cooking. The vinegar helps to draw the*mineral*salts out of the bone."

You can make like a turkey stew. Make sure your veggies are not fully cooked but semi cooked. If it's too complicated buy Honest Kitchen ot Spot Farm turkey. Home cook you will need to give a multi vitamin daily like regular "centrum" not for 40, 50 60 yr old type. Other important spices to add it turmeric, ginger n you need to add a tiny mini pinch of black pepper to activate the turmeric to the meals. Start by little pinches with these spices n build it up to a 1/4 teaspoon but black pepper a pinch. Bare in mind Stella will be drinking less water as home made food is already moist. What I do is one cup of turkey at the bottom of a med size ziploc bag, 2 cups of veggies n fill the bag up with the broth. Freeze them. One bag =2 meals. Any veggie that is dark leafy green are the best and berries as they are loaded with vit C. Probiotics should be given or add sauerkraut everyday. If you can go organic, go for it!

My friend has had luck with this ā€œCancer Cure dietā€ and gave me the recipe. Her dog was diagnosed with cancer and they only gave him 2 weeks to live. Now months later no cancer. I just wasnā€™t sure the ratios to give. Her dog only weighs 40 lbs whereas Stella weighs 50. The new diet has a Breakfast and Dinner. It has apricot kernels, sodium ascorbate, omega 3 drops, milk thistle drops, life gold cancer and turmeric with dash of pepper. She said stay away from anything processed. Iā€™m gonna give this a try. Anything is better than Chemo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
My friend has had luck with this ā€œCancer Cure dietā€ and gave me the recipe. Her dog was diagnosed with cancer and they only gave him 2 weeks to live. Now months later no cancer. I just wasnā€™t sure the ratios to give. Her dog only weighs 40 lbs whereas Stella weighs 50. The new diet has a Breakfast and Dinner. It has apricot kernels, sodium ascorbate, omega 3 drops, milk thistle drops, life gold cancer and turmeric with dash of pepper. She said stay away from anything processed. Iā€™m gonna give this a try. Anything is better than Chemo!

Milk thistles will clean any liver. Great cleansing plant! Turmeric very powerful for joints and will help fight cancer n so is black pepper.

https://draxe.com/peppercorns/

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Totally agree!!!!

Sending lots of positive thoughts... praying this works for Ms. Stella

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

No essential oils? I thought you like frankincense?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
No essential oils? I thought you like frankincense?

You're 200% right. Had a knock on my door...my food inspector decided to pop in! :whew: Thank God im by the book!!!! So I press sent too fast.

[MENTION=16039]Bhaverstock1[/MENTION] Yes I would use as you know frankincense 15 drops but add helichrysum10 drops n myrrh 15 drops in 2 oz of Fractionated coconut oil. Massage around the bladder 2-3 x per day. Last massage before bed.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Also here's some doses I read for previous suggestions:
fish oil- 400 mg of combined EPA and DHA per 25 lbs of bodyweight
turmeric- start with 1/2 tsp twice daily and work up to 1.5 tsp twice daily ( mixed with freshly ground pepper and coconut oil )

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GREAT TREATMENT COURSE & ADVICE!

SENDING LOVE & PRAYERS TO Y'ALL...XOXOXO

BullyfulBulldogs

Dec 2, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor, Rickee & Bennee
Prayers for your sweet Baby ! My first bulldog MiMi was diagnosed with Lymphoma back in April 2005 at the age of 7 1/2. We opted for chemo as we caught the cancer in the very early states. In the end she did beat the lymphoma (very rare) but passed from heart failure from one of the chemo meds (also a very rare) She lived 17 months past diagnosis. the one thing I did learn from other bulldog owners battling cancer was to start giving her "filtered water" versus water from the tap. To this day I still use a Britta Pitcher for the dogs water.

022.jpg

MiMi The Snow Queen
1/25/1998-6/12/2006

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Prayers for your sweet Baby ! My first bulldog MiMi was diagnosed with Lymphoma back in April 2005 at the age of 7 1/2. We opted for chemo as we caught the cancer in the very early states. In the end she did beat the lymphoma (very rare) but passed from heart failure from one of the chemo meds (also a very rare) She lived 17 months past diagnosis. the one thing I did learn from other bulldog owners battling cancer was to start giving her "filtered water" versus water from the tap. To this day I still use a Britta Pitcher for the dogs water.

View attachment 109337

MiMi The Snow Queen
1/25/1998-6/12/2006

You can get better filtering if you have a plain kitchen faucet with a screw on carbon block countertop water filter eg. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDHLBJ3/ref=twister_B06XDWDCMN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 with replacement filters such as https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CNBB6AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
Bhaverstock1

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank yā€™all for all your great advice!!!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.