Yummy Day

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Home cooking day.jpgMy veggies.jpgWhatcha going to throw me momma.jpgOne serving.jpgBag has 2 serving .jpg

Miss Muffet loves when it's home cooking day. She picks a corner in the kitchen not near me or stove and waits to see what I will throw her way. She :pray: it's raw ..... lol

Today in the big pot : it's wholes boiled turkey. I add carrots, whole celery, turnip, rosemary, mint and teaspoon of Mrs Dash. I also fried aside 2lbs of ground lamb.

Will keep some broth for her meals (zip lock med bags) and keep some for a nice soup for supper.

Also boil sweet potatoes, green n yellow beans, peas, corn, kale, also kept juices to add to her bags. 2 meals per bag n freeze them. Voilà good for 3 weeks.

I figured I would post how I do Nyala's home cooking meals. It's so not complicated just a bit more work. While the pot is simmering for at least 3 hrs, yes I said 3 cause you need all the benefits of the bones, gives you plenty of time to prep your veggies. Microwave them if you want or boil. KEEP the water of your veggies as your vitamins are in that water. You will need to fill you bags of that water n broth. Dog dont drink as much water in the day cause home cooking is already moisten cause its all fresh not dry like kibbles. That is why at each meal I will add more water that was boiled.

When she's eating I make her stop half way for a min till she burps cause they love those meals, then she resumes. By stopping them to burp like babies, stops them from getting gas and bloating. Most important part you're giving a command so they are learning to listen even if they are eating.

AND yeeees....I did throw a few pieces of raw turkey her way along with carrots n celery :yes:

Bon Appetite :droolers: :cooking:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE!!!!

She eats better than most of us, I' sure

Jenni23

Mar 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Wow, Nyala, you're one lucky pup! I won't share this thread with Gigi or she might give me some stink eye, lol.

I want to start feeding Gigi more of a home cooked diet. She's on a pretty good kibble, but she gets half a can of I/D with it, and I really don't care for that junk. I think I'll try to start out with something simple like ground or shredded turkey with a little broth. Any expert suggestions?:)

Loved looking at the photos too!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wow, Nyala, you're one lucky pup! I won't read with Gigi or she might give me some stink eye, lol.

I want to start feeding Gigi more of a home cooked diet. She's on a pretty good kibble, but she gets half a can of I/D with it, and I really don't care for that junk. I think I'll try to start out with something simple like ground or shredded turkey with a little broth. Any expert suggestions?:)

Loved looking at the photos too!
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]... funny yesterday went for supper at my son andi brought a bag of Nyala's meal they all thought was part of the humans supper lol
[MENTION=15577]Jenni23[/MENTION] if gigi is doing fine on her kibbles dont need to change completely just add homemade broth with veggies n turkey. Or do home cooking a.m. and p.m. kibbles. Just one thing once you start HC, " A La Gigi " might get fussy. I know nyala if you put a handful of her left over orijen she will eat it for sure. It's up to the dog if the will do both. My breeder she feeds raw in the morning and kibbles all day long as free fed. She has no issues with any of her females and males. All nice n healthy.

I chose turkey as most issues will be with chicken. I buy the whole turkey not ground as I want Nyala to chew for her teeth/jaw not just swallow as she has no kibbles. I also give her bones with marrow and rubber toys.

If Gigi is use to having mix food with her kibbles, put HC instead. I like lamb mixed in way better than beef. We were having bbq at my son and had burgers. You see, I didnt need to bring Nyala's meal cause we could have given her a pattie and the entrees they had on the table of bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cucumber. No dip lol I had no clue what we were going to eat at his house so I brought a meal just in case. Even you, if you're having a bbq, well do an extra meat portion for gigi. I wouldn't give filet minion but sirlion or even a tough steak will be fine for them.

One thing, NEVER feed your dog from the table while you're eating. Make sure its in her plate on the floor. Once she's done she needs to be away from your table. It's teaching your dog to respect your time to eat. Im sure you already know that. :)

It's not as bad and complicated as we think or see. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.