fresh veggies with his kibble , loving it but drinking hardly any water?

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi :) hope everyone is doing great!! forde is on fromm salmon tunalini right now, i have decided to start adding fresh veggies to it, reducing his kibble from a cup to half a cup, twice a day ......i add broccoli, cauliflower,green beans, carrots, apple, corn and sometimes squash, he absolutely loves this....thing is he is hardly drinking any water at all....is this an okay thing? I know he's getting water from the fresh cooked veggies...but want to make sure i'm not doing anything to harm him :) patiently waiting :excited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sure you are right, it's because of the addition of the veggies to his diet. I would just keep an eye on him to see if he starts acting different. It's good to see you!! :hiya:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed --- the veggies are giving him what he needs and he will drink when he really wants/needs to.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Should be fine. Just keep an eye out for signs of dehydration - dry nose, sticky gums, etc. If you want to increase his water intake, you can try to give him ice for treats. My dogs think ice is bacon-bits - they love it.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Thank you all .... you guys are the best ! Forde has never been so excited over anything as he is these veggies......I'm hoping it will help him even more with allergies etc !

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my Dozer doesn't seem to drink a lot of water either, he's been like that since a puppy, so I add warm water to the kibble at each feeding, enough to cover the kibble. It makes the kibble moist, and kind of makes a gravy, but I feel better doing this because he gets the extra water.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's an interesting observation, [MENTION=2572]FORDE'SMOM[/MENTION]. I recently switched from home cooking to dry kibble in the last month (I like to change things up so they and I do not get bored), and I noticed a big increase in the boys' water consumption. I'm thinking it's b/c the kibble is just making them thirstier. When they ate rice/veggies/meat, they did not drink so much. So like others have said, sounds like the addition of the veggies to Forde's food is just making him not as thirsty for the water.

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
That's an interesting observation, @FORDE'SMOM. I recently switched from home cooking to dry kibble in the last month (I like to change things up so they and I do not get bored), and I noticed a big increase in the boys' water consumption. I'm thinking it's b/c the kibble is just making them thirstier. When they ate rice/veggies/meat, they did not drink so much. So like others have said, sounds like the addition of the veggies to Forde's food is just making him not as thirsty for the water.

Forde use to drink a lot of water......until the fresh veggies thing....interesting for sure :)

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
hi :) hope everyone is doing great!! forde is on fromm salmon tunalini right now, i have decided to start adding fresh veggies to it, reducing his kibble from a cup to half a cup, twice a day ......i add broccoli, cauliflower,green beans, carrots, apple, corn and sometimes squash, he absolutely loves this....thing is he is hardly drinking any water at all....is this an okay thing? I know he's getting water from the fresh cooked veggies...but want to make sure i'm not doing anything to harm him :) patiently waiting :excited:
Meatball isn't a big drinker. Veggies in food? What do you do cook and mix? Raw? Would like to try with Meatball. Any gas with broccoli? Meatball might like the change.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.