Recipe Help

sashathebully

Dec 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sasha
Hi All! This is my first post, so hopefully this was not answered elsewhere. I just switched my bully to a natural diet. I am feeding her Ground Chuck with broccoli, squash, cauliflower, carrots and chickpeas (all pureed). We just switched after trying 4 different "vet" foods with no change in her skin. My question is I usually feed her 1 cup of the vet food in the AM and 1 in the PM. Should we continue with the new food? Or cut it back some? Also, should I add any vitamins or oils to this mix?

Thanks for your help!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a great diet, I also give a supplement when I give homecooked diet, I use Nuvet . Yes I would continue to feed the normal amount, and just keep an eye on her figure. You will know if you need to cut back a little if she gains. Salmon oil is great too, but won't be needed necessarily if she gets fat from the beef. Are you draining to fat off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm no expert on home cooking, but I do occasionally home cook for our guys, and I feed them the same amounts as I do their kibble, 1 cup in the am, and 1 cup in the pm. Since I feed them a good quality kibble, Fromm's Beef Frittata the rest of the time, and I also give them lots of natural supplements and extras such as plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble, salmon oil,on their evening kibble, and I also add 1 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday, plus they get extras like cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, broccoli, carrots, cheese strings, green beans, and a hard boiled egg as treats, I don't add any other vitamins or supplements to their home cooked meals. I'm not sure which vitamins or supplements are needed when you are feeding home cooked meals alone, but I'm sure some other members who are more experienced with home cooking will come along soon and give you some suggestions and advice.
You can also look on the food and nutrition forum and find lots of recipes for home cooked meals from other members on here, and the Internet is also an excellent source for information and recipes on home cooking for pets.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.