New diet for our allergy prone bully! Need help on recipe

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
SDC14972.jpgSDC14973.jpgOk so I've posted a few forums about our Gypsy girl getting allergies from her food. Most of everyone said that they start getting allergies around two yrs old and she just turned two in July and that's kinda when I noticed her allergies forming. So since then vet said to change her diet to grain and potatoe free so I've been researching and I am starting to make her homemade grain and potatoes free food in bulk for month at a time. I found a recipe and tweaked it a bit. So let me know if I should add anything else to.

10lbs of Hamburger meat
4lb of mixed frozen veg...carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, and zucchini
4lbs of Garbanzo chickpeas

Since my last post we have also switched her to filtered water and using a non oatmeal shampoo and I've seen some improvement so I just hope this recipe works wonders.

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Your recipe actually sounds very good as it is! Do you throw everything in the crock pot? I like to give a dollop of yogurt or cottage cheese on top of my boys' food, but that's just an add-on for later once you see that Gypsy is responding well to the food. Great idea to make in bulk like that and freeze for later. Let us know how she does with the home cooking !

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Thanks I'm hoping this will clear up her allergies and yest problems, poor thing has been miserable and smelly. I cook all the veg and beans in huge pots then put them in a huge deep dish pan and start smashing down the vegs then I start the hamburger meat in the huge pot and then once it's all done mix well and keep smashing if the cauliflower and broccoli is still too large. I think it takes about 2hr for cooking and then dividing in sandwich bags. I will deff start her on the cottage cheese or yogurt once she's adjusted to this thanks.

Kimmy

Jun 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hurley Who MaGoo
Your recipe looks good, I may steal a few veggies from your's and add them to Hurley's.

10 lbs chicken
6 lbs chicken livers
2 packages of fresh celery
2 bags of large carrots
1 large can pumpkin puree (100% pumpkin) not pie mix
8 cups black beans
8 cups green beans
Large container of rolled oats
6 cups brown rice

i do not cook the veggies nor the oats. Everything else is cooked. Rest gets thrown in. Makes about 7-8 weeks worth of food for her. And she loves it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online