Can I mix cooked food with kibble?

Bbbimaj

Jul 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
I have a 7 month old english bulldog named Boss. He seems to be very sensitive to the foods I have tried so far. I have given him Blue Wilderness and Merrick. When i gave him these his stool never seemed to form. He is currently on ID food, his stool is harder, however he seems to not like it anymore. I was thinking of trying to mix boiled chicken with his food. Is that a good idea?
someone please help me and my baby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 135

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I can't help with this..but can tag others who can!

Welcome...by the way! :hiya:
@savemejeebus.. @Sherry.. @RiiSi

Im actually going to tag @cowsmom too..she's our food guru

Do the foods you have tried have chicken as the protein? Many Bully's are sensitive to chicken. You might try the bland diet for a week or so and slowly introduce a different kibble.

Last edited:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Welcome to EBN! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] will be by to give you great food advice. I would stay away from chicken as bullys tend to be allergic to it. There are lots of great tasting foods out there that Boss will love.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I often mix cooked food with kibble. One of my boys, Finn, eats Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredients Lamb and I will usually add a "topper" of ground beef or cooked liver to it just to give him some extra flavor. I home cook for my other boy so I like to give Finn a little bit of whatever I'm cooking up. You can also add some plain, pure canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie mix), to his food to help with the harder stools too.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I may give them all home cooked one meal, half home cooked the next and half Fromm, then maybe just the Fromm kibble the next meal. Depends solely on how much I have cooked up :). Never any poo problems :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

RedmondLiving

Jul 8, 2012
Redmond WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I cook for my Bella & add it to her kibble. She is 10 yrs old now and I've been cooking for her for about 5 years. I feed her Natural Balance & we've just switched to FAT DOG - which she LOVES. Normally, I purchase Stew Meat @ Costco and break it down into small packages, enough for 2 maybe 3 servings. I also buy the chicken tenders. They are easy and quick to cook. I give her 2oz of meat/chicken w/her serving of kibble. She eats 2 meals a day - breakfast & dinner. This has worked out well for her/us. The Natural Balance has Oatmeal which has really helped the paw licking (another story). And I feel like the kibble gives her the balance of vitamins/supplements. Meat/Chicken just makes her enjoy her meal and for me - making my little girl happy is what it is all about !

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Ya I always add cooked food to their kibble, sometimes it will be ground beef, chicken livers, fish, veggies, sweet potato, etc. It honestly depends on what we have for dinner, if we are eating something that they can have then we will just cook extra, if we are eating something that they can't then we will just cook them some chicken livers or something else. Their favorite is seafood, any kind, they all go crazy for it!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Absolutely, they make all kinds of happy noises while eating, you'll be a hit, and no ill effects I always did beef or pork with A healthy veg like, cabbage, green beans , broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, chopped parsley, with 1 chopped apple to boot . only healthy foods and you can mix with brown or white rice . the ratio I used was 50% meat 25% carb and 25% veg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I can't help with this..but can tag others who can!

Welcome...by the way! :hiya:
@savemejeebus.. @Sherry.. @RiiSi

Im actually going to tag @cowsmom too..she's our food guru

Do the foods you have tried have chicken as the protein? Many Bully's are sensitive to chicken. You might try the bland diet for a week or so and slowly introduce a different kibble.

Good advice for someone that can't help you... :laugh:

It is also important to do a slowwwww transition from one food to another by mixing the foods slowly using more of the new food and less of the old over a couple, three week period. Adding a tablespoon of pure canned pumpkin to the mix will also help in firming or keeping the poo firm. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i do home cooked for sarah mix with her kibble at every feeding. honestly i found it was the best way to find out what her allergies were. first thing with bullies is to find out what protein they tolerate then work out from there. they are all different. sarah does the best on chicken and turkey. some its beef and some its fish. so yea add some chicken and see what happens. if thats ok then you can try some brown rice for a few days and see how that does. then you can add in some veggies if you want. just play around with it one thing at a time for like 4 days then onto the next. then you can mix and match and also will give you and idea of what kibble would be best. good luck .:)

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I have been doing a lot of research lately on commercial dog food, dog reactions etc.. lately and just wanted to point out, from what I have been reading. Chicken (chicken, chicken meal/ by products) seems to be a significant trigger for allergies when present in commercial dog food. This is not human grade meat (much much less), most likely 4D meat, which has been dehydrated and irradiated. Normal human grade chicken added to a dogs diet does not appear to be a significant contributor to allergies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.