Nutrition

maggieclouse

Jul 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Hello,
I have a 9 month old baby girl bully and she's eating Royal Canin Bulldog formula. We were buying treats from the refidgerator section at the pet store but that got to expensive. Now I buy chicken breast frozen peas and carrots and she loves them. We boil the chicken and cut it into bite size peices along with the peas and carrots and end up with way more than just one 12oz bag of treats. I have been reading about different dry foods and would like to find the right one for Maggie. I wouldn't mind making her food for her but I'm afraid she will not get the vitiamins she needs. Can someone tell me what my best bet is home made or dry dog food?(or can I do both) Another issue we have with Maggie is GAS omg is it bad I have noticed a big difference when we feed her Royal Canin it help's with the gas. We tried Blue for a week and you couldn't be in the same room with her she would run you out!

Any advise?
Any recipes?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello,
I have a 9 month old baby girl bully and she's eating Royal Canin Bulldog formula. We were buying treats from the refidgerator section at the pet store but that got to expensive. Now I buy chicken breast frozen peas and carrots and she loves them. We boil the chicken and cut it into bite size peices along with the peas and carrots and end up with way more than just one 12oz bag of treats. I have been reading about different dry foods and would like to find the right one for Maggie. I wouldn't mind making her food for her but I'm afraid she will not get the vitiamins she needs. Can someone tell me what my best bet is home made or dry dog food?(or can I do both) Another issue we have with Maggie is GAS omg is it bad I have noticed a big difference when we feed her Royal Canin it help's with the gas. We tried Blue for a week and you couldn't be in the same room with her she would run you out!

Any advise?
Any recipes?

When you switched from RC to blue did you do a slow switch? The gas was likely a side effect of the switch and would've subsided after a week or two.

I feed Fromm four star mostly, as well as home cook with supplements. So you can do both :).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I've had two bullies, both had very bad gas when I adopted them as adults,
one was on grain based kibble & Cami was on chicken formula. I'd changed
MY diet previous to adopting them and cut out grains (causes pain in me due
to inflammation) and noticed a great decrease in MY gas output, lol So I
put them on grain free kibble & chicken free (Cami wasn't allergic to chicken
unlike many bullies) but it did give her deadly gas. Lisa
@desertskybulldogs
feeds fresh chicken then boils it and it does not cause allergic reactions like
chicken in kibble does, I've heard the same from people who feed fresh fish
however fish in kibble fed to bullies caused reactions? My guess is CHEMICAL
& PRESERVATIVE TREATED chicken & fish cause the reactions.

Also, make sure chicken is not 'enhanced' i.e. shot up w/saline & additives.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you can certainly do both as i feed sarah 1/2 kibble and 1/2 home cooked. she gets boiled chicken, brown rice, green beans, and carrots. there are lots of other things you can feed such as brocolli, green beans, pinto beans (mashed to help digest better) black eye peas (mashed also) sweet potato just all sorts of things. if your bully is doing well on the rc perhaps just let it be for now till you get the routine of what your going to feed down and see how she does. i dont think much or rc as i think its overpriced for what it is but sometimes when your dealing with bullies its more what can they eat and be ok with. if you wish to change food and perhaps in the future you should i am always around to help.

OP
maggieclouse

maggieclouse

Jul 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
So I should use fresh chicken and boil it right? Should I buy any vitamins,fish oil or anything like that to add to her food. How about veggies any certain one I should. I have been mixing the fresh food with dry dog food (royal canin) so that she gets some type of balance. I'm all ears to any advise.

Thanks

Bbbimaj

Jul 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
I have the same question.:D
My baby is 7 months, currently trying to switch to RC? Was wondering if I should mic boiled chicken or hamburger with his food?

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Fromm 4 star makes for happy healthy bullies. Bullies love their food. They do not have food recalls like other companies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online