Diy treats

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Do you make your own? Interested in making my own for dexter and wanted some recipes. A good training treat recipe would be awesome!!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I haven't tried these yet...but here's a recipe that I just saw:

Here is a Pumpkin Recipe. Cleo’s Pumpkin Dog Biscuits

2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional). Add brown rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.

Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go. Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary. If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.

* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not, like many people I know, tolerate wheat.

Makes up to 75 small (1″) biscuits or 50 medium biscuits

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We haven't tried baking any treats yet, but we have done various frozen plain yogurt with fruit/veggie combinations and Harlea seems to love them all.

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
frozen blueberries are great, and chunks of carrots seem to work pretty good for us - as a different training treat. Mia loves bananas too so going to try to freeze some pieces :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ooooo! I never thought of using something like frozen blueberries as a training treat! I need to get back into training Brie daily but dreaded giving her crap! Thank you!

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I gotta find something he REALLY likes... More so than the fly swatter ! Might try the green beans they seem to be a big hit

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I use little pieces of cheddar cheese as a high value teat too, Brie loves it, but I'd like to use something healthier since w training she gets a bunch. Great suggestions n I will use them all.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I bake for Sheldon funny thing is the kids eat them too LOL...but I find that raw carrots have worked the best out of everything he loves those and will do just about anything for a piece of carrot.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
The peanut butter and yogurt treats are a hit with skin and fur kids :ROFL:

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
my bostons love frozen green beans but sarah not so much. she does like strawberries blueberries and banana. i also buy store treats and i love the bravo ones. they have a whole line of bonus bite and training treats and they are small and work well as treats.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol my kids so far love all my homemade treats Lmbo

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.