might do some home cooking to

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so i come back from my house to the fact that sarah has probably not enough kibble to go till i can get an order in probably wed or thurs. so i gave her some old kibble with her new and her canned. well she had an upset tummy this am. i heard it and she did not eat till around 12 pm but did not throw up. so i come home from his moms house to runny poo. i have rice n tried it on her before but she was not crazy bout it. so i think ok some rice will help so i make her an egg n the white rice n some canned mixed and her kibble in another bowl and she ate it up like crazy. i now have a bully that is laying here with no runny nose no tear on one side n is peaceful n content. i kinda enjoyed it to so i may do some home cooking more often for them maybe add in some veggies to. im also trying to test to see what she is allergic to as her allergy test seems to be off on some things. so far strawberries are a no and so are sweet potatoes. white rice seems ok so far so might test some brown rice next. :) who woulda thought id be cooking for my dog when i dont cook for myself really :eek:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, good luck with that Sandy. I'm in the opposite boat right now w/the boys. Taking a little break from homecooking for awhile til Finn's itchiness gets resolved. I enjoy home cooking and still will add some ground beef or eggs and veggies to their kibble, just needing to avoid grains and starchy foods right now.
Looking forward to hearing how Miss Sarah does w/her new menu :)

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well not sure white rice is for her and not that i would feed her that everyday but i am mostly testing things now as her allergy test seems to not be right. not that thats the norm but either she has changed or my vet didnt do a good test. after the rice she seemed to lay down n be fine. then later she was biting her paw a few times then later on seemed her paw was redder and her chin was red. gave her a benadryl and out she went and slept all night. will see how it is tonight. gave her some more rice. next will test brown rice and millet. then on to potatoes and peas. i have to find out exactly what her allergies are as im running out of food choices. :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good luck with that Sandy. I'm in the opposite boat right now w/the boys. Taking a little break from homecooking for awhile til Finn's itchiness gets resolved. I enjoy home cooking and still will add some ground beef or eggs and veggies to their kibble, just needing to avoid grains and starchy foods right now.
Looking forward to hearing how Miss Sarah does w/her new menu :)
well i hope things get better henny :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't always give 100% home cooked meals and mix it with some kibble most times. I don't always add a lot of rice or pasta, sometimes none at all. It really depends in how wet my dish has turned out. Since I use dry beans in the crock pot and frozen veggies most times it can be pretty juicy then I'll add pasta or rice to thicken it up. Never too much, just enough to give the dish texture.

Examples: most meals Tidus will get 1 c home cooked and 1/2 c kibble, but Molly only gets 1/2 c homecooked 1/2c kibble

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well rice seemed ok last night so im thinking she is ok with white rice so onto brown rice tonight to test. after i get through the big things im going to test veggies next. then if i have to switch kibble i have a better knowledge of what i can feed her and what i cant. im just testing things right now then when i have her allergies down i can better plan a meal and her kibble. she is getting 1/3 cup kibble till the new shipment arrives and 1/3 cup rice n some canned food for now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The problem with too much rice is the yeast factor. But yogurt will counter that too. :)

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
actually her yeast is clearing up and her paws pads arent as red :eek: yes i know im gonna be careful but :yoda: @desertskybulldogs i gotta know what i can feed her and what i cant. its gotten to that point. tonight finishes up the rice anyway for now.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
actually her yeast is clearing up and her paws pads arent as red :eek: yes i know im gonna be careful but :yoda: @desertskybulldogs i gotta know what i can feed her and what i cant. its gotten to that point. tonight finishes up the rice anyway for now.

That's the best part of it, you can try different foods one at a time to see if its good or bad. Sounds like its going great so far!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so ive been giving sarah white rice and added in some brown rice n she seems to be ok so far. i think she does better on the brown rice so may cut out or back the white rice. i have also found another food as that great life was making her yeast on her paws awful. :( so ive got her on another food by horizon called pulsar i think. we will see

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'd like to know how Sarah does on that new food Pulsar Horizon. And brown rice is a good alternative to white rice--it's got a little more protein and fiber.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I'd like to know how Sarah does on that new food Pulsar Horizon. And brown rice is a good alternative to white rice--it's got a little more protein and fiber.
thats good cause i need to fill up miss stomach as she gets hungry. gonna try some pinto beans next as bev @Twice said they were good just mash em up. dunno is new food is working out either. she seems ok with kibble in small amounts like 1/3 cup but it i go to 1/2 then she gets symptoms. seems better than the great life though. looks like im going to become a cook :eek:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] , i give boys pinto and black or kidney beans too and they like it. Lotsa farts tho :*( You'll get used to cooking and may even come to enjoy it!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Even if you don't enjoy the actual cooking .... seeing their reaction to you getting their dinner ready and watching them eat it is more satisfying than anything else to me!! :heart:

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yea i do kinda enjoy it though im not cooking anything that requires a whole lots lol. so white rice is out really but brown rice seems ok and pinto beans were a no go either made her one foot red n swollen. onto garbanzo beans now. then gonna try some grean beans oh yea she will love those lol. ive had to try the other food i bought and mix it in with the pulsar as she was not doing as well on it as i had hoped. so mixing in some nutrisource chicken and rice food with the pulsar and homecooked. so far seems ok as her tears are almost gone now and her foot is going down more so might not have been the pintos doing that but the kibble. grrrrrr. im going crazy here :chapped:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online