Diahrrhea

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
I have been feeding Gretchen half kibble and half homemade food mix for about 2 weeks. Last week was chicken and now we have fish. She had alot of diarrhea this morning. Do u think was fish or something else. Or maybe her body getting used to homemade food???? Need a little knowledge on people who do this daily please

- - - Updated - - -

She's 3 if that makes a difference

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be a number of things.... how much are you feeding her? What type of fish?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
also,any changes should be done very slowly and one at a time. That way you can isolate issues better. I hope you find the answers quickly.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't feed raw so no help there, but others who do will be along soon. [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feed only raw, but I know that some sensitive stomachs get upset when mixing kibble and raw. What does home cooking mean in your case? Did you feed raw or cooked? If your bully has allergies go back to basics and feed one source of protein and one of carbs(if you don't feed raw) and then after a period of good poo add one incredient at the time in to the feed, so you'll know what causes the reaction.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I also do half kibble and half home cooked, my two get 1 cup of Fromms Beef Frittata in the morning, and 1 cup of home cooked in the evenings. My female Blossom is allergic to both chicken and salmon, so we only use beef. It seems like a lot of bulldogs on here has sensitivity or allergies to both chicken and salmon and salmon oil, so it may be the chicken that is causing the problem. You might try only cooking one protein at a time, either fish, or chicken, or beef and feed it for a week or two, to,see if there are any allergy symptoms or reactions, then you'll know which protein wasn't tolerated. My two do great on beef. Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you, I know it's frustrating to find a food that works and is tolerated, I had to switch foods 4 times before finding Fromms Beef, and both love this food, and are doing well on it, their poops are regular, 2 to 3 times a day, and they are firm but soft.

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
Harper gets kibble in the morning and raw beef/veggies in the evening. He is only 4 months but has done extremely well on it. My 14 year old mixed breed gets his senior food in the morning and has started eating the raw in the evening too. No problems with him adjusting to it. Hope you can find out what the problem was and that her tummy feels better soon.

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
thanks-maybe I started off too muhc- I give her a cup in the moring with her cup of food and a cup in the evening with her cup of food. Maybe I will leave out the chicken and fish and just add in a few veggies here and there. she was doing fine but it hit her all of a sudden

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online