Can bullies have citrus?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon gets lots of treats that are fruit from me, I've never given him citrus before and I figured I would ask if anyone else has before I tried it.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Cool thanks Becky, we have delicious blood oranges here right now and Bacon was crying for a piece but I wasn't sure

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have given Brutus oranges :) Not to many but he does enjoy them! He wont ever go near a lemon ever again :lol:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
When I was reading about foods that were poison or toxic for dogs, citrus wasnt one of them, but it did say not to give too much because of the acid. I've shared the clementine oranges with my guys, and they loved them, and I give them strawberries, which can be acidic as well, and they did fine. If you give them too much, it may just cause a bit of soft or runny poops but citrus isn't harmful to them.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
When I was reading about foods that were poison or toxic for dogs, citrus wasnt one of them, but it did say not to give too much because of the acid. I've shared the clementine oranges with my guys, and they loved them, and I give them strawberries, which can be acidic as well, and they did fine. If you give them too much, it may just cause a bit of soft or runny poops but citrus is it harmful to them.

Off topic a wee bit but...You know how they say avocados are toxic..well if that were the case I would've had a lot of sick doggies over the past 30 years! My dogs love..love Avvies! And my vet says that's a crock. Lol...in fact, Jake's mommy ate tons of avocadoes while nursing to keep her weight up. I can see worrying about the pits ..but even Jake spits out the pits! Lol...

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy loves oranges. We share every time I have them in. Yum blood oranges! Lucky Bacon x

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
okay this may be wrong but I'm going to give Bacon some orange first then lemon to see the reaction, I promise video when this happens

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yeah, i've heard that not too much citrus or tomatoes d/t the acid but i have given mine an orange slice here and there. I have given them a lemon to suck on once and they ran away from me and the lemon after that attempt!

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Barley loves any fruit. First dog I have had that will eat raw carrots as well. He is a ham.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks like oranges, tangerines and clementines.... I tried a lime and she spit it out. Oh, yeah, she like rub red grapefruit too

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Raven eats pretty much any fruit that I am eating. She has shares my oranges and clementines. Try a small piece and see how your baby does with it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It sounds as if they eat the citrus fruit that we humans would eat. I have shared clementines, tangerines, and oranges with them. Never tried lemons or limes ... in fact didnt' even think of it. I think they taste nasty so don't attempt to give it to my fur-kids!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online