Home cooked/raw food questions

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
Gretzky will be 15 weeks on Wednesday. Is he old enough to have soft boiled eggs? I have been giving him 1/2 of a banana 2 or 3 times a week. I have been wanting to add either salmon or coconut oil on his kibble. (Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy)

I feed him 1 cup 2 times a day, and he seems like he is STARVING all the time.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. :yes:

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you might want to increase his food to 1 cup three times a day, as he is still a puppy. Puppies need the extra calories, vitamins, and fat that you find in puppy formula foods. What brand do you feed Gretzky? You want to keep your puppy on puppy food until the age of 6 or 7 months, for the rapid growth and development of puppies. I wouldn't give too much extra "people " food or treats until they are that age either. But once they are 6 months or more you can switch to a good quality adult food such as Fromms, and then you can add the extras and treats. Plus you can reduce their feedings to 1 cup twice a day at this time as well. My two are 1 year old and when they were 7 months old, I switched them to Fromms Beef, they get 1 cup of kibble for the morning feeding, and we give them plain unsweetened yogurt every other day, and for treats they get cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, cheese strings, green beans, and blueberries. For their evening meal, they get 1 cup of home cooked food, with salmon oil added to it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.